2005 Pathfinders

KevinKernaghan

I'm pretty sure they don't, but I was just wondering: Does the newest generation of Pathfinder come with a manual transmission option? Also, did they go back to body-on-frame construction? I still haven't had the chance to see one up close.

It also really bugs me that there's no more external spare tire carrier. Aerodynamics schmaerodynamics. The tire hanging under the rear bumper is off-center and it really bugs me.

I do not believe there is a manual available. However, the 05 Pathfinders are about as Pathfinder as a Ridgeline is a truck.

However, Nissan did go back to a Body On Frame construction, but ruined it with full independet suspension.

If you're looking to buy a new 05 Nissan, look at the Xterra. It's as close to the Pathfinders of Yesteryear as you're going to get.

The new Pathfinders do not come with a manual, nor is it an option. However, the new Xterra you can buy with a manual transsmission. The new Frontier comes with a 6-speed manual as an option on certain trims... if I was to get a new Nissan the Frontier would be it.

wow, new fronty's get an avail 6 speed? as far as the x, you can only get a manual trans in the N/A versions...cant get the supercharged version in 5 spd for some odd reason.

Adding to what Vengeful said, the 2005 Xterra and Frontiers share the same VQ series engine and choices of 6-speed manual and 5-speed auto. If it was me I would buy the NISMO Off-Road version of either, as an electronic locking rear diff. is included in the package. The new Xterra's kick ass.

When I had my learner's permit at 15 my mom had a 2000 Pathfinder LE. I loved it! (except for the Sahara Beige/Beige combo) But it was so slow I promised myself I would never own anything with the VG33E. Well, my first car was a brand-new '03 Xterra VG33E (Mommy wouldn't buy the SC :sniff: Just Kidding!). Traded it 6 months later for an '03 VW GTI 1.8t. Funny how things come full circle after a Jeep and a 4Runner... :D

But it was so slow I promised myself I would never own anything with the VG33E.

I just have to chuckle... You should try the VG30 if you think thats slow !! :D It's a step up from the Z24 that I had, therefore I think it's just fine. No real top end basically stock and doggish past 3rd gear but then I don't see the point in top end for a 4x4 SUV. Well, other than towing... If I want to go fast, I get on 2 wheels. :aok:

B

I'm pretty sure they don't, but I was just wondering: Does the newest generation of Pathfinder come with a manual transmission option? Also, did they go back to body-on-frame construction? I still haven't had the chance to see one up close.

It also really bugs me that there's no more external spare tire carrier. Aerodynamics schmaerodynamics. The tire hanging under the rear bumper is off-center and it really bugs me.

Yes, they do come with a manual option. A 6 speed to be exact.

Wrong. There is no manual transmission available for the new R51 (05+) Pathfinders.

http://www.nissanusa.com/content/0,,action...-126700,00.html

You are both Right/Wrong :X

In OZ, the 05 Pathy is available with a 6 speed manual but only on the diesel.

The diesel is not available in North America, so we do not get the manual :( .

Oz Pathy Specs

Yeah, get used to it... Most Americans seem to be too lazy/stupid/clueless to drive a manual, so demand is incredibly low. So low that it makes less and less sense for the manufacturers to offer them.

I'm hoping the increase in fuel costs will increase demand again so they don't go away completely.

Wrong.   There is no manual transmission available for the new R51 (05+) Pathfinders.

http://www.nissanusa.com/content/0,,action...-126700,00.html

You will have to get up even earlier in the morning to make sure your facts are all correct.

Short memory vengeful.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=5898&st=40

You have to realize Vsicks, that he was asking specifically about the North American market. We can't get the 6-speed, so it makes no difference whether it has one in Aussie Land or not.

And sorry Vsicks, I do not devote my entire life to trolling on message boards looking for ways to try to put others down. I've got bigger fish to fry. Mm....fish fry...now where'd I put that hot sauce? :lol:

And sorry Vsicks, I do not devote my entire life to trolling on message boards looking for ways to try to put others down. I've got bigger fish to fry. Mm....fish fry...now where'd I put that hot sauce? :lol:

Seems to me you do.

What does it look like to you B?

I'd have to say that there was no evidence that this question pertained to the North American continent in the original post. Therefore, all answers have some merit. I do remember this being covered in a different post, and my being jealous of OZ in this case. End fact is true, the answer is yes, and the grey market is alive and well.

Trolling remarks are unnecessary, even if there is a hint of truth V. Please take note of it ? I'd have to say that your comments are somewhat odd considering my previous post. Is that both bipartisan and honest enough ?

Just cool it guys, there is no benefit, only loss. Not to mention I like to think I have better things to do... :shrug:

B

I agree. We have had a few exchanges like this before, usually on newbie posts. Wonder what they think of us after reading the replies? :crazy:

I'm still technically a newbie by post count...and I happen to enjoy the "ass-hat" tangents and rediculous po-ho'ing that goes on around here. I've laughed out-loud at more posts than I can possibly count...you all be some funny peeps.

Not to burst all bubbles. But the 2006 xe test mule next door to me has the 6 speed in place with the v-6. According to my neighbor they are considering a stripped XE type with the v6. Living in the Motor City has it's benefits. Now if only they would only go to a live axle set up.....