Mr. Pickles got new shoes

Mr. Pickles

Got some Pro Comp Mud Terrain's, 31x12.5. Sweeet. These are a bazillion times better than the BFG's I had, especially in the rain. Must be the siping. I was gonna go with Kumho Venture's, but Pro Comp has a sale in Oct.: buy 3, get one free!. $675 out the door with mounting, balance, and tax from Tire Factory in Kent, WA. I like that they're burly, wide. With the price of gas and the amount of driving I do, I just couldn't justify going taller and losing the milage, but I think these are a nice compromise.

post-1-1129402086.jpg

Verrrry nice!!! Just in time for the fall run huh?

:D You know it. Bout to put on some new Rancho 5000's and another recovery hook I scored at the junkyard this morning. Oh, and the new brush guard. And maybe the new strut rod bushings... Oh, and .... I'm not bad though. My dad has his Willy's in the shop getting new diff's, lockers, power steering, and who knows what else. Boys and their toys. :)

Take in mind that you're still increasing your rolling resistance by going 12.50" rather than the more common 10.50" wide for your 31's. Even though the diameter is the same you'll still experience a slight loss in effective mileage due to more rubber being on the road... -thnkboutit-

Lookin' good though ! Always nice to have new shoes... :aok:

Here's a front shot. About the rolling resistance, yeah there may be a slight effect. But so far with a body and suspension lift, as well as a roof rack, I haven't noticed much of any drop at all. And people were warning me before doing those, sooo... I'll live with it.

post-1-1129503989.jpg

Nice! :aok:

Can't speak for the traction of those compared too BFG's. But your probably onto something with the siping theory. I had my BFG AT's done last year when I stopped by Discount for a quick rotation.

Prior to getting them siped, I could easily break traction on wet pavement, after having them cut, I have yet too slid under normal "Everybody freaking stop NOW!!!(for no reason at all)" driving on I5.

I just cut that to fit to cover the nasty ends of the frame that show after the body lift. It was a set up bed rails from a 96 GMC Sonoma, and that was the tailgate section, or most of it. The sides are flipped upside down to be rockers now. See pic #1.

Can't speak for the traction of those compared too BFG's. But your probably onto something with the siping theory. I had my BFG AT's done last year when I stopped by Discount for a quick rotation.

I thought All-Terrains already had a unique siping on them that kind of went in and then bent under the rubber. It's supposed to allow the All-Terrain to have a 'claw' that comes out when losing traction. Maybe the Tire Kingdom guy made that all up.