altimeter clinometer on Ebay

Clayman

I bid on this thing two weeks ago, the same item was being sold by another seller, and the current seller won the bid at $65, i didn't want to pay more than $50 Usd, by the time you exchange it and ship it here, would have been about $75. Now the buyers buy it now price is $85. Not that i don't think people are entitled to make money, but that kinda chokes me that the buyer didn't buy it for his nissan enthusiasm, just to make a few bucks.

I really want one as well, but after talking to somebody that has it installed, i don't know anymore. Appearantly it just shakes and oscillates wildly and can't really settle to give you off an accurate reading. :rolleyes:

I'll still probably get one some day and try it out. If it doesn't work i'll just sell it to some mallcrawler or something.

EDIT: actually I have a standing order with one of the dudes in Japan that is looking for one of those for me. He'll send one when he finds a complete one. He had one with buttons missing i told him to look harder. :angry:

Edited by Filthy Luker

Yeah those things have been around for a while on ebay but the prices are just way too high. I've seen a similar product on the JC Whitney catalog for only around $15 but now it seems to have disappeared or been replaced with this.

If you don't mind having the Heep on there. There's also this on ebay which I thought might be cool...

Ebay

Edited by DJ Dank

i wonder if there are any airplane junkyards around. might be something to look into (bulb over head flickers dimly)

I believe those are 24 or 42 volt instruments. I recall looking around for those, and also the price of a real gyro style pitch/roll meter would make you come crying back to eBay for Terrano one.