Rear Window

trundle

I new the 95's had locking issues like that, got locked out 30 miles from home in a blizzard with the truck running and had to catch a ride home to get the key and get back before it ran out of gas, but I did not think the newer ones had issues.

Theres got to be a way to set something up, even if its manual, maybe that will be a god project.

Yep, and on mine it locks all the other doors when you unlock the window! :o

on my 95, it just locks the hatch when I unlock the window and won't let me open the window when the hatch is open. but... if you open the window first, you can unlock and open the hatch.

Quick dumb question for you.

Is there a way to open the rear window from the driver's seat in the 1998 as you could in the 1995's? I was looking at a 1998 XE and could not find the button.

Thank you.

I do believe I read about people installing solenoids to do this... (and also to open the hatch from the drivers seat) try a quick search maybe??

well either way, im probably going to pick up a 98 with 83,000 miles, XE, auto, LSD sooner rather than later, Im taking it over to a shop today to get it looked at,

When test driving it, it had a strange sound from the front when turning only, so I will see what they say about that

i installed a trunk release solenoid and put the button up near the drivers seat then I hot wired it so I could open the rear window with the car on or off, wuite an easy install to be honest with you!

Do you have any pics of your solenoid install? I have a trunk release solenoid from a maxima just sitting around, and I might wanna try.

i installed a trunk release solenoid and put the button up near the drivers seat then I hot wired it so I could open the rear window with the car on or off, wuite an easy install to be honest with you!

Care do to a writeup for it? P...