My hometown...

statikuz

I'm sure that would be worth checking out if one was in the area. I had to laugh though...

"driving over the curb - the back side of the curb. The black K-9 Search and Rescue H-1 simply approached the 90-degree angle, gripped the flat surface with its bulky tires, and launched itself over the top with little effort on behalf of the driver."

Glad he was able to handle a curb... There is mall rated, and now, officially, curb rated.

*snicker*

B

by driving over the curb - the back side of the curb. The black K-9 Search and Rescue H-1 simply approached the 90-degree angle, gripped the flat surface with its bulky tires, and launched itself over the top with little effort on behalf of the driver.

HAHAHA!!!

I dunno if the pathfinder could do that... I don't think my tires are "bulky" enough! :laugh::lol::laugh::lol:

We all oughta go out there to preform Hummer rescue services. :P

:P There are a couple quotes that cracked me up.

"One Hummer dealer, which declined to be identified, gave owners registered through its dealership $300 gas cards to help ensure their arrival and participation in this week's activities."

Doesn't that mean "we had to pay them to show up?" Wow, the Sheep don't even have to do that.

And this observation was helpful.

"Jim Turner said many people are complaining about the expense of filling up a Hummer's gas tank, yet they have not driven a Hummer nor have they owned one. He countered that there are many heavy pick-up trucks that have similar gas mileage."

Thank you, Jim, for pointing out that the H2 is a bloated pig. Its nice of you to compare it to one of the "many heavy pick-up trucks" which seems to be the proper comparison until one opens their eyes and realizes that *gasp* the H2 isn't a heavy pick-up at all. Well, yes, its heavy. But a heavy truck? Heavy mall rated grocery getter on 24's is more like it.

FUH2, from the bottom of my heart!

Other than that, happy times at home Statikuz. Maybe some NPORA crew could roll in and take some pics on the curb.

Edited by Mr. Pickles

Edit: You should make sure to take lots of picturse of yourself flicking off all the H2's just like FUh2.com

I just tried to access that site too and it appears to be down, just sends me to an html directory with forbidden, password protected, and empty folders... :shrug:

Given that its the website for my hometown newspaper who seems to have no idea to set up stories so they can be statically linked to, I'm sure a lot of you are having problems... never known them to actually archive old stories.

• 2 weeks later...

Biggest thing I noticed was their insistance on having a "Starbucks" near-by! Give me some good ol' "cowboy coffee" off of a campfire ~ nobody needs a $5.00 latte` on the trail except your typical pretentious H2 owner wearing their similarly overpriced Eddie Bauer or Land's End mall rated hikng clothes... ;)

Having lived in Elko for close to 12 years, I can almost assure you that most of the local population looked on at these posers with general disdain... :oops: