Learned something new

Airrun2002

Well guy i have a 1995 XE or at least i thought i did until the other day, i was looking through my glove box and my title cought my eye for some reason so i took it out and looked at it and my title says my truck is an LE. I saw that so i was like what the fu.. so i went under the back of my truck to look at my diff and didnt see anything so i took my knife and scraped at it and some grease and crap came off and sure enough there was the little orange sticker i didnt even know i had. I dont know if you guys really needed to know that but i thought id share cuz my back hatch says XE-V6 so i dont know whats up.

Hehehe, congrats on the LSD !! Yeah, the trim levels get kind of mixed and matched. Might just be a stealership typo... Me 95XE seems to have the same exterior trim as yours other than the grill guard and bug deflector; it also has the LSD. Is you interior leather ? Mine is cloth. :shrug:

B

Oops, I dont have a rear hitch...

SE and XE sound simlilar... coulda been a typo. Congrats on finding the LSD! yeah.. i have the '92 XE with LSD... prolly just made a typo on the pink somewhere along the line...

Dave pointed out that the S and the X are very close together on the keyboard too....

Edited by Slick

SE and XE sound simlilar... coulda been a typo. Congrats on finding the LSD! yeah.. i have the '92 XE with LSD... prolly just made a typo on the pink somewhere along the line...

Dave pointed out that the S and the X are very close together on the keyboard too....

But the 'L' is miles away Slick. sssh

Not sure about '95, but most models had options that could bring it close to the next sub-model. So, my theory is the dealer said, "it's an XE with all the important stuff of an LE, so we're selling (and titling) it as the one that we can charge more for." - It could happen. :shrug:

You may be able to verify which one it was manufactured as by the VIN.

Edited by Animal

But the 'L' is miles away Slick. sssh

Yeah, same finger different hand............well for some people anyway :D . See, that's the advantage of one finger typing, you actually have to look were your fingers are going :P

Denis

for 95.... standard features were...

XE (4WD) -

Bucket Seats

Center Console

Power Brakes

Rear Window Defroster

Tinted Glass

3.0L V6 SOHC 12V FI Engine

15 Inch Wheels

5-Speed Manual Transmission

Clock

Tachometer

Chrome Wheels

Rear-Wheel ABS

Cloth Seats

Power Steering

Tilt Steering Wheel

Rear Window Wiper

AM/FM/Cassette Audio System

Skid Plates

SE -

Bucket Seats

Center Console

Fog Lights

Power Heated Mirrors (though I don't think mine are heated)

Keyless Entry System

Power Antenna

Power Brakes

Rear Window Defroster

Sunroof

Exterior Spare Tire Carrier

Tinted Glass

15 Inch Wheels

5-Speed Manual Transmission

Automatic Locking Hubs

Tachometer

Alloy Wheels

Rear-Wheel ABS

Anti-Theft Alarm System

Cloth Seats

Cruise Control

Power Steering

Remote Trunk Release

Tilt Steering Wheel

Intermittent Windshield Wipers

Power Windows

Privacy Glass

Rear Window Wiper

Power Door Locks

Roof Rack

AM/FM/Cassette Audio System

Rear Spoiler

Skid Plates

Chrome Bumpers

LE (4WD) -

Bucket Seats

Center Console

Fog Lights

Power Heated Mirrors

Keyless Entry System

Limited Slip Differential

Power Antenna

Power Brakes

Rear Window Defroster

Sunroof

15 Inch Wheels

4-Speed Automatic Transmission

Automatic Locking Hubs

Tachometer

Alloy Wheels

Rear-Wheel ABS

Anti-Theft Alarm System

Leather Seats

Cruise Control

Power Steering

Remote Trunk Release

Tilt Steering Wheel

Leather Steering Wheel Trim

Air Conditioning

Power Windows

Privacy Glass

Rear Window Wiper

Power Door Locks

Roof Rack

AM/FM/Cassette/CD Audio System

Rear Spoiler

Chrome Bumpers

Options were available as follows:

XE (4WD) -

Air Conditioning

Anti-Theft Alarm System

Cruise Control

Exterior Spare Tire Carrier

Fog Lights

Keyless Entry System

Power Door Locks

Power Heated Mirrors

Power Windows

Remote Trunk Release

SE -

AM/FM/Cassette/CD Audio System

Air Conditioning

Heated Front Seats

Leather Seats

Leather Steering Wheel Trim

LE (4WD) -

Camper/Towing Package

Edited by k9sar

don't confuse 'tinted glass' with 'privacy glass'. The privacy glass is the side glass that is darker. Tinted glass is the stripe (4" or so) at the top of the windshield to cut the sun when it's overhead. The lists were from the model research pages accessable at edmunds. I may still have my original '95 propoganda but would really need to dig deep in my file cabinets to find it.

Edited by k9sar

Precise: I have cloth seats also but I built the grille guard and bought the bug deflector.. Mine has many of the otions on the LE as in the remote keyless entry/alarm, fog lights, cruise, intermittent wipers, power windows, and it also has the tow package.

Red: The hinges worked great, no more squeaky. Thanks.

Aaron

IIRC, XE had a two post steering wheel and LE / SE had four posts (and I don't believe this was an option on the XE). - Then again, what does it matter?

I have a 2 post on my XE..... and no rear spoiler.. and no bumper with fog lights.... :( mind you.. PO crashed the front end.... I think he hit a fence... the last "specimen" I pulled out was a piece of fence about 6" long when I pulled the motor.... :wacko:

hmmm well I have a 92 xe. and I have the little LSD sticker to. I think I had an alarm system..I have a red L.E.D my the cruisecontrol. and I have led's in the A pillar. hmm mabey previous owner took it out. I wish I had the rear spoiler on mine though :( and fogs

• 2 months later...

Guys you are missing one important fact. The LE package only came with leather seating. It was an option on the SE, and not avail on XE. So unless someone went to alot of trouble turning an LE into XE :confused: it was just a typo. Besides correct me if I am wrong but didnt the LE package come with chrome bumpers, rearview mirror, and grill? Also it has a outside tire carrier, and fender flairs, not avail on LE either. So easy fix it was just an error on the DMV's part. That would be crappy to try and sell it as a LE, but any potential buyer who knew anything about Pathfinders would be able to figure it out pretty quick.

Edited by GreenEnvy94Pathy