want to replace my chorme bumpers and grill

96pathse

I think that the factory parts are painted a satin black finish...they are definatly not primer only because they would rust in a flash as primer is very porous.

you can get sweet replacements on ebay if you want or check out the "products tested" part of NPORA and look at the fine paints that our own have tried out on various parts including Permatex and POR-15!! :aok:

The original black bumper and end caps on my '96 are faded and rusty in some spots. I am actually considering buying new ones off of e-bay or rock auto. They are both relatively inexpensive, it's just a matter of installation headaches.

Anyone ever replace their bumper and end caps, and how hard can it be??

the only reason i was thinking body kit was to elimate the chrome on the pathfinders bumper.

was wondering if the black endcaps and bumpers are less likely to rust.

i bought the pathfinder with the rust on the chorme only. the frame and body is mint.

yes once i replace the bumpers to all black metal, i will be getting rid of all the chrome. but the pieces do have rust on them.

I can't say about the chrome, but the blacks are pretty good against rust unless you scratch the paint. The only rust I have is on my rear endcaps where a loading platform rested while I was moving stuff.

Y'know you should really try exploring the forum...you might actually FIND the answers you need.

IF you go into the Garage and look at the older Pinned topics, you'll find a whole bunch of links to parts websites.