Fender Flares

94 Pathy

:shrug:

Any of you know where I could get some new clips that attach the fender flares to the fenders at? Besides the Nissan dealership!

Another question for all you that have upgraded to 35" or larger tires......When trimming the fenders, (for those who have kept their fender flares) did you bend a lip or is there room to bend a lip for the clips?

Thanks for the info! I'm thinking about getting 35" tires after the 3" BL goes on. Wanting to keep the flares if possible... :aok:

You're gonna need a body lift and a suspension lift and hack the bejeezus outa your truck to fit 35's plus the shear weight of those tires will turn your rig into a slug unless you regear both diffs. I'd rethink it and go with 33's, 3" susp. lift and 3" body lift. It's cheaper and has been done a bunch of times so there's a lot of info on doing it right.

Edited by jj big shoe

That's what I've been thinking. I've spent the last two days & nights looking over things and prices on the wheels, tires, BL, labor and time...YIKES! I think the 33" will have to do for now until the money and body trimming factor is null...

Thanks guys!

You're gonna need a body lift and a suspension lift and hack the bejeezus outa your truck to fit 35's plus the shear weight of those tires will turn your rig into a slug unless you regear both diffs. I'd rethink it and go with 33's, 3" susp. lift and 3" body lift. It's cheaper and has been done a bunch of times so there's a lot of info on doing it right.

Ditto. My 33's are bad enough. I don't WANT 35's now. You can keep your flares, but you'll have to trim them a lot, that's all.

:furious:

Here in the Midwest, all the junk yards have came into the 21st century. They now take the items off the vehicles and charge you for your first born! What in the *ell happen to the old days when you could drive right in and pick away at a vehicle for whatever parts you wanted? Todays society sucks sometimes! :angry:

I guess I'll be calling the dealership for a a$$ raping! :sniff:

:furious:

Here in the Midwest, all the junk yards have came into the 21st century.  They now take the items off the vehicles and charge you for your first born!  What in the *ell happen to the old days when you could drive right in and pick away at a vehicle for whatever parts you wanted?  Todays society sucks sometimes! :angry:

I guess I'll be calling the dealership for a a$$ raping! :sniff:

Yeah I agree.. more and more of them are going that way around here too. :sniff:

Most of them blame theft, insurance and fines as the main factor in making them "closed yards".

Theft… yeah a lot of small, easy to pocket parts do get stolen. And now day's that can quickly add up to a lot of lost money for the yards

Insurance... Sorry but if your dumb enough to walk out in front of a forklift in a wrecking yard, or stand/crawl under a poorly balanced vehicle.. You deserve it!

Fines... having worked with controlled chemicals I completely understand this one. Customer goes out to get an alternator and finds that one of the radiator hoses is making it difficult to get too. Customer cuts the radiator hose and spills antifreeze all over the ground. EPA official walks by a few minutes later and sees it. Who gets the huge fine? Not the customer.. Its the wrecking yard that has to pay it.

We still have quite a few pull it yourself yards around Ohio. They are the only kind I go to. You do have to sign a waiver at most of them now though.

As for the chems, if they didn't remove them before it went into the yard then the yard messed up. Most places go through and empty fluids, battery, and wheels before it goes out on the lot for people to pick over.