rear spoiler I think.

iLLlegal

I can't speak for the stock rear wings but I have an aftermarket Deflecto-Shiled rear spoiler on my '91. Been there since I bought my 'finder new. No runs no drips no errors since she's smoked plastic. Mine actually mounts to the rear hatch and not to the rear window hinge mechanism. It doesn't serve much function other than eye candy. :aok:

M

true but sad B, hey greg, where did u find that xterra recovery sticker?

A friend of mine made up a bunch a couple years ago.

As for the hinges/risers, yeah those parts are an ABS plastic.

The deflector is aluminum (I think, under the paint, some sort of metal at least) but the mount/riser things are plastic and are one piece each per side along with the hinges for the rear glass (at least that how it is on my 94).  One of them cracked and later broke on mine, and I couldn't find one in the boneyards.  Since it is also the rear window hinge, I had to correct it ASAP, so I bit the bullet and bought it from the stealer.  They wouldn't sell the hinge/mount, just the whole thing, for somewhere around $75-80.

After reading your post I decided to go out and take a closer look at the risers... Based on the weight and rough cast "look" of them I assumed that they were also metal. But I was wrong.. :bow: as you said they are indeed plastic. My mistake. :crazy:

Well, I guess I was wrong in assuming my plastic one was a Nissan part. Oh well. The smoked plastic looks good, and the wing seems durable enough. :shrug:

I assume mine's the aftermarket type as well, as my risers are attached to the hatch, and not the window hinges. I guess, with Canadian climate, I'm happy it's not another thing to rust!!!! P...

Good to know that they (most) are metal and durable plus effective !! I'll have to keep my eyes peeled. Going to the wrecker soon with the futile hopes there is a Pathy there... I'll have that on my list when I go. I see SOOO many Pathys on the road here. It's hard not to do some 'midnight salvage', but thats just so wrong I couldn't do it. My neighbor has a 4 door with about 240K on it that runs like crap and gets no love. I'm waiting for it to die so I can get several parts off of it. He is a tow truck driver, so I could prob convince him to let me part it out and he could still get rid of the carcass. Sheesh, never thought I'd want someones Pathy to die...

B

snag me the antenna part I need if they have one. :)

Well, I guess I was wrong in assuming my plastic one was a Nissan part. Oh well. The smoked plastic looks good, and the wing seems durable enough. 

I assume mine's the aftermarket type as well, as my risers are attached to the hatch, and not the window hinges. I guess, with Canadian climate, I'm happy it's not another thing to rust!!!!

I think the plastic spoilers came from the factory for a few years b/c I've seen a bunch of them around town, on 2 dr's too. I put an aluminum one on my 88 but I broke it off with my garage door. :crazy: If anyone knows of some hinges for sale, let me know. :beer: