Center Console Replacement?

Pathylogical

try using the search feature. I think there were a couple folks who used a jeep console or somethiong else from the local junkyard but I can't remember where the threads are. Good luck.

i took mine off because of it being all loose and broken. when my dad came home and saw the console sitting on the ground, he got mad and made me put it back. i bolted that thing back on with pieces of metal and other garbage. other than that, aftermarket, i looked too but had no luck. us Pathfinder owners are totally out of luck when it comes to that kind of aftermarket junk. the only thing i can think of is either fix it, go to the junkyard or go to the dealer.

us Pathfinder owners are totally out of luck when it comes to that kind of aftermarket junk.

Aren't we out of luck for anything aftermarket? I'll tell you, the Pathfinder is the red-headed step-child of 4x4's. The current 4WheelParts catalog only has one thing specifically for Pathfinders... the Rancho lift (which was discontinued in 2003).

Yeppers, someone here installed a JGC console in their Pathy with a little modifying (bending) of their handbrake lever, plus he had to remove the lumbar support handle off of the driver's seat for clearance. Other than that, seems to me it was a pretty straight-forward swap. Fit great and gave him 2 real cupholders... :aok:

It was a really clean installation, very well done with pics...

Yeppers, someone here installed a JGC console in their Pathy with a little modifying (bending) of their handbrake lever, plus he had to remove the lumbar support handle off of the driver's seat for clearance. Other than that, seems to me it was a pretty straight-forward swap. Fit great and gave him 2 real cupholders... :aok:

It was a really clean installation, very well done with pics...

So where are the pics? :(

Here's a link to one. http://www.4x4parts.com/ubbthreads/attachm...25-IM000520.jpg

http://www.4x4parts.com/ubbthreads/attachm...26-IM000522.jpg

What was said about the mod.............

I think it's from a 93-95 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I had to move the e-brake over about 2 inches. It mounts to a plate that I had to remove and drill new holes. Actually one of the mounting holes is on the side of the hump now. Nothing real difficult. Just some minor triming on the rear of the console and near the seat belt holders. The console actually bolted to a factory hole in the bottom of the console and I put a screw under the cupholders that matched up with the factory front bracket. This is a great and easy mod.

Edited by Vsicks Pathy

here's another post on the topic from this board.

JGC Console in a Pathy

I was looking for that link but the search turned out 200 results. Can we somehow fix that so the search function is more sensitive?

I'm getting Chevy SSR cupholders for mine. They attach to the sides of the console and pop out when you need them. Pretty cool little things... if you ever sit in an SSR have a look at the cupholder.

^

Um, is not 4x4... ??? You have a nice truck Mudfinder, with more clearance, bigger tires than mine has, not to mention rear locker... But having a front wheel pulling can make a BIG difference...

B

I remember seeing at one time a dual cupholder that fit in place of the ashtray ~ but it was like 20 bucks for a plastic hunk of isht... ;)

Yeah they are a dealer offered item. I don't know if any Paths or HB's ever actually came with them, but you can still get them at dealers parts counters... at least I have seen them locally. I would assume that you can order them if they have none in stock.

They used to be on ebay as well, however do not see any now.

There are also these

This is how I solved my no cup holder problem (please forgive the pic quality, It's a crappy digital camera taking a pick at night) :shrug:

cupholders.JPG

I remember seeing at one time a dual cupholder that fit in place of the ashtray ~ but it was like 20 bucks for a plastic hunk of isht... ;)

that's the cupholder i got. yeah piece of siht but better than nothing. i only paid like 5bucks for it.

^

Um, is not 4x4... ??? You have a nice truck Mudfinder, with more clearance, bigger tires than mine has, not to mention rear locker... But having a front wheel pulling can make a BIG difference...

B

you know, i am able to get around pretty good now that i have the locker. but you know sometthing, sometimes i just need those front wheels to help. god i wish i had 4WD. i'm going to be starting my career in a few months. when i start, i'm making that thing 4wd, Soild axle. i'm already gathering parts for it.

Notice that's in a 2wd Pathy also.

nothing wrong w/ 2wd... :D

Don't make me start the list.... :contract:

what list? let's see this list.

List or reasons to go 4wd over 2wd, list is too long :type:

In my 93 I use the stock cup holders with no trouble, and the 88's center console is missing it's lid, so 2 drinks fit in there perfectly.

I have no room to talk... LOL. My center console bit the dust after my accident. I'm still looking for other vehicles with one to swap in mine.

what's man? where have you been?