Suggestions For 88?

DJ Dank

I can't add a location to people's info with what I have on hand. It'd have to be added to the CSS or HTML page manually and I can't do that without Jim's full hosting access.

well, darn.. maybe we all ought to put that in our sigs then. hmmm?

I got a suggestion. How about when a newbie signs up they are not allowed to post for atleast 7 days. They can read all the threads and get a feel for the forum, but thats all. It would cut way back on alot of the redundant questions and definetly cut back on people advertising items for sale and then never coming back to the site. What do yall think?

Problem with that (as I see it) is it might also scare people away from joining.. "you mean I am free to join, but I if I do I can't post for a week?"

I read before I joined and I like to think that *most* people read forum posts prior to joining. Granted some don't but I bet that most do. That way they know if it's even worth their time joining in the first place... since it seems that people join most often when they either need help/advice or are otherwise looking for something.

Who knows, maybe I am way off here.

I can't add a location to people's info with what I have on hand. It'd have to be added to the CSS or HTML page manually and I can't do that without Jim's full hosting access.

well, darn.. maybe we all ought to put that in our sigs then. hmmm?

Why, thats a fabulous idea!! Oh wait - already done! :D

Yall make good points. I have to admit, being fairly new myself, if I had a 7 day trial I may not have stuck around. I think I have turned out to be a decent member as have alot of others. Maybe put some kinda restriction on the for sale forum. Any ideas?

ODE TO SPELL CHECKERS

I have a spelling checker

I disk covered four my PC.

It plane lee marks four my revue

Miss steaks aye can knot see.

Eye ran this poem threw it.

Your sure real glad two no.

Its very polished in its weigh,

My checker tolled me sew.

A checker is a blessing.

It freeze yew lodes of thyme.

It helps me right awl stiles two reed,

And aides me when aye rime.

Each frays comes posed up on my screen

Eye trussed too bee a joule.

The checker pours o'er every word

To cheque sum spelling rule.

Bee fore wee rote with checkers

Hour spelling was inn deck line,

Butt now when wee dew have a laps,

Wee are not maid too wine.

And now bee cause my spelling

Is checked with such grate flare,

There are know faults in awl this peace,

Of nun eye am a wear.

To rite with care is quite a feet

Of witch won should be proud,

And wee mussed dew the best wee can,

Sew flaws are knot aloud.

That's why eye brake in two averse

Cuz Eye dew want too please.

Sow glad eye yam that aye did bye

This soft wear four pea seas.

Lol k9sar, yep, all spelled correctly. I'd get some interesting things like that when I had Dragon Speak Pro set up on my computer. Most of the time it was ok, but heaven forbid you had a couple of beers and weren't anunciating properly !! Personally, I use this crazy thing called a dictionary; sometimes you even lurn something !! We all flub occasionally or fat finger type, but sometimes someone posts something I can hardly translate... :wacko:

B

• 2 weeks later...

I had a suggestion. When you start a new topic, and you have the option to add an icon that will be viewable alongside the thread title... you have the smileys, the question mark, the exclamation point, etc.? Can we put a camera emoticon to show that the thread contains pictures. Like if someone is starting a thread specifically for posting their pictures, they could use that icon?

Sorry for the jumble.