ac 2" lift and 33" tires on 17" wheels

Guest pathmaker

Very nice looking. Now, for the questions you will asked by everyone...how is the rubbing? What kind of trimming did you have to do? The fenders look pretty intact. B) I beleive you are the second R50 in the US to go above 32" tires :D

Guest pathmaker

The rear needed no cutting.The front needed alot of trimming and cutting . The passenger side was rubbing A bracket that covered some lines on the inside frame. I cut it of and welded a thiner one on. On the outside the trimming was so miner that you cant tell it has been trimmed."just use the right tools and it will look great".

Nice looking ride, pathmaker.

I take it those BFG MT's are 285/70R17. I'm impressed you managed to squeeze those babies in there.

The clearance between the front tire and the fender (where the mud flap attaches) looks really close. How much sheet metal (fender) did you have to trim back?

How did you get those tires home from the tire shop if they were rubbing so badly?

Be sure to test tire clearance with the truck twisted up. You may find that the rear tire contacts the front part of the rear fenders.

Where do you off-road mostly?

Guest pathmaker

xplorx4 I had to cut about 2" off of the rear portion on the front mud flap and 1 1/2" of the front portion of the front flare. You were right about the rear! I twisted it up in a canyon and realized it needed about 1" trimmed on the front part of the rear fender ,as well as the whole inside lip. It still looks clean and thats what i am shootin for. I do most of my wheelin in canyon country ca. How about you? " oh yeah to DWROUNDS about the wheels they are helo max6 straight from helo "

Edited by pathmaker

pathmaker-

I 'wheel in the Sierras mostly when there isn't snow, since I live in San Jose. However, I grew up in Valencia and the mountains around SCV used to be my stomping grounds when I was in high school. I once took my parents' 2wd Ford van out in the boonies near Sand Canyon and got it stuck so bad on a 4WD jeep trail that it took 3 weeks to find a 4WD towing company to go get it!

Do you live in SCV or just go there to 'wheel?

Oh yeah, one last question for ya- have you noticed a big drop in acceleration with those tires?

Guest pathmaker

----xplorx4--- I live in palmdale ,I just go to scv to find new thing's to do. I really need lockers now to get into more fun places. Also I did notice a large drop in acceleration with these tires!