Pathy Doors

94 Pathy

:idea:

How many of you would like to have some safari doors for your Pathy's? I'm wondering if any of you welders out there have thought about it or can try to fab something like them. I've seen a Pathy with it's front doors off and have seen Cherokee's with thier doors off and it looks silly with just the front's off. How about both front and back with safari doors. Can anyone play around with it on a pic program to see what it would look like....Just a suggestion!

I think it would look awsome! :aok:

94 Pathy

:beer:

Hmmmm :idea: . i might do it and put caps all over the electical stuff. and get my buddy to build some safari doors. (cant be that hard)

not sure how good it would look on an R50 though with out a lift.

Edited by 96pfinderSE

i think it would look great on the pre '96 models...lol\

it would look fine on the R50s. doesnt matter if you have a lift or not, it would be one of the few with safari doors so then if you got a lift it would look that much cooler

if i was photoshop inclined i would p-shop up a drawing to see what it would look like but i dont even have it on my computer :sniff:

although i could do something in autoCAD, thats where i shine :lol:

Edited by blackpath94

Well i figured i would mess with paint and show everyone how bad i suck at it. i got a cool idea in my head just cant draw worth a crap on the computer. But here ther are: 768236_30.jpg

Heres for the back: 768236_31.jpg

The curve is because of the R50 back door.

hmm i will play with photoshop maybe later tonight... need a break from finals studying. Would these be hard doors or soft?

I'm going on year number two that my half door project is being pushed. Seems to always find it's way to the bottom of the list!

I'm also going to try and have a removable top half window that I can somewhat seal. Our transit roads in between trails are incrediably dusty...after a weekend of wheeling with normal doors, you are coated in dust.

I've seen a Pathy with it's front doors off and have seen Cherokee's with thier doors off and it looks silly with just the front's off. How about both front and back with safari doors.

He he, sometimes I forget Pathy's come with four doors :P

j/p B)

Yep,, got plans, even got the spare doors. just haven't done it. I guess getting the thing back on the road takes priority. I'm going to cut them down just past the door handle, and then come up just behind hte mirror. this way i can still latch the door. I'm also going to keep the upper part of the door just for looks.

:clap:

I'm happy to see there are a lot of people interested in this. I'm going to try some drawings on auto-cad and link them for everyone. The safari doors for Jeeps run $154.95 in Essentials Catalog. How about the Rock Krusher rear bumpers also? I'm trying to get some prices from private fabricators. Jeep's run somewhere between $450- $550. That's pretty darn high if you ask me!

Let's make the doors happen!

Thanks for all the imput!

:beer: -alcohol- :oops:

2 pins and some electrical (at least speaker wires)

Cut and put connectors on the wires, then pull the pins. The pins are stubborn the first time out, but after that they are pretty easily removed.

Edited by GrimGreg

• 2 weeks later...

:type:

I'm gettingready to play with photo shop and autocad with this crazy idea of ours! Once I get done I'll have something for the front and the rear doors. I'm thinking it's going to look sweet! Keep a look out for them.

:beer:

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry it's taking me sooooo long to get some sketches done for the safari doors. Just an FYI.....if you go to AC's site and look at the Truck of the Month pic's, you'll see on with safari doors. The guy's anme is Richard. Anyone know who this guy is? I would love to get in touch with him to see how he did his....Keep you'll posted! :beer: