Locking hub installation

okanagan

Which brand did you get? The actual instructions vary a little bit by brand, but the concept is exactly the same.

A simple search (here or Google) should have returned several results, including a video. Have you seen this? Basic concept is you need to pull off the OE hub, figure out if you'll need to remove/replace the studs that hold it in place (depends on brand), install the splined collar and ring-clip on the CV shaft end, then put the new hub on using the hardware that comes with it.

Nissan has manual-lock free-running hubs and auto-lock free-running hubs for the R50. Warns are a 15 min. job like Nova stated( I have these). The Nissan manual-locks have a crap load of parts to do the same thing as the Warns. The auto-locks(I replaced these) are as simple as the Warn hubs. So ya, which did you buy?

• 3 weeks later...

Got the hubs installed. Getting the old studs out was a nightmare! Had to double nut so tightly that some threads were damaged and I had to use a stud puller. I took some pictures, but there doesn't seem to be any icon for uploading them.