truck sitting for years--how to remove old gas

Cuong Nguyen

There's always the option of siphoning out the tank...if it comes out looking extremely cloudy and brown, then it would be a good indication that there is rust in the tank and would need repaired / re-coated / or replaced...if it comes out clear/slightly cloudy, all is good, add fresh gas and seafoam and drive away :)

I bought a little plastic siphon pump at a parts store a few years ago. It was cheap, and I've used it 100 times for all kinds of stuff. Simple plastic tube with some hose on each end. Handy to have around the house.

• Like 1

Mine does have a drain nut, located under the tank right hand side. There's a hole in the tank splash guard where I can see the nut. It's a Japanese import so it's got those little handy extra things. Go the jdm! I'll take a pic when I get home.

• 8 months later...

Mine does have a drain nut, located under the tank right hand side. There's a hole in the tank splash guard where I can see the nut. It's a Japanese import so it's got those little handy extra things. Go the jdm! I'll take a pic when I get home.

Any pics of the infamous gas drain plug? Lol

I just head to shell out 1000 dollars for a bad mistake. The pathfinder is going to the grave with me now.

If the gas is really that old ie: no ethanol. Add two bottles of heet fresh gas and fire it up.

I found a 5hp Briggs that had been in a barn for 12 years. It started on the second pull on the original gas.

On my LTD I dropped a fuel line and let the fuel pump pump it into a plastic tote, just had to keep cycling the key.

Edited by LittleFR

If the gas is really that old ie: no ethanol. Add two bottles of heet fresh gas and fire it up.

I found a 5hp Briggs that had been in a barn for 12 years. It started on the second pull on the original gas.

On my LTD I dropped a fuel line and let the fuel pump pump it into a plastic tote, just had to keep cycling the key.

Found out that the fuel pump corroded along with a little of the tank. I didn't look to see how the top inside looked. I'll just add a little heet too as well as 2 cycle fuel mixture for added precaution.