KYB GR2 travel

PINION

Shocks are made and available in many different lengths and even if they are not listed for your truck it does not mean that they will not fit.

So if you know the lengths you want, check their site for a comparable one with the same mounting type or an aftermarket retailer (local or online.) The ones we often recommend to WD21 owners to gain more down travel will appear in no compatibility listings for our trucks.

Unlike shocks, struts are almost always vehicle-specific. It is possible, though unlikely, that you'll be able to find struts with longer travel that will fit in the R50.

• Like 1

just checking to see if ome has more travel the gr2, called ome and their specs are 180mm of travel. Had gr2 on AC lift and the bottoming out was terrible

looking for gr2 specs, cant find online

point gr2 $50 each, ome 209 each, is it worth the difference with same travel??

once my struts bite the bucket again, I'm going with the OME because they are longer to deal with the extended spring length and are also valved for a lifted off road vehicle. As opposed to the GR2 or Munroe, etc are valved for on road driving, with the occasional pot hole. I've even thought about importing some struts from Tough Dog in Australia. again valved for off road use.

• Like 1

My Iron Man springs are rated 35mm front and 50mm rear. the strut spacers don't affect the stroke of the strut. so even if I have 50mm (2inches) of strut spacers doesn't matter. any added length to the stoke and most importantly the valving is what will make for a better ride.

Now if only we could source high angle CV axles from somewhere........

I'm doing 4" sfd, with 2" springs and 2" spacers. looking at the BDS 3.5" wj springs for the rear. going for the extra buck with OME front gear, looking for 4.5" to 5" total, plus tire height, 33's

to make things line up you'll have to match the strut spacers to the SFD. if you look at the Krypton Fabs set up the strut spacers equal the amount of spacer blocks you lower the front diff with. read through Hawirish's set up.

to make things line up you'll have to match the strut spacers to the SFD. if you look at the Krypton Fabs set up the strut spacers equal the amount of spacer blocks you lower the front diff with. read through Hawirish's set up.

cant find Hariwish's post

We are talking struts, right? If so, the GR2 (er, formerly GR2 but now Excel-G) specs at 23.23" extended and 16.69" compressed for a total travel of 6.54". So, OME at 180mm= 7.06", about .5" more travel.

The direction you're going is fine with 2" spacers + 2" springs and 4" SFD spacers. That's the idea I ran with previously (2" spacers + .5" springs vs 2.5" SFD spacers). Are you going with AC or the HD OMEs springs? The HDs spec a little taller free height (410mm) than the MDs (395mm...so 1" taller) at the same spring rate (150 lbs).

Sources:

1. showmetheparts.com/kyb (If you drop the /kyb and just to go the main website, you'll see a lot more parts.)

2. OME catalog 29, 6/14

now I'm really confused...I was just looking at a custom built Krypton Fabs 4 in SFD and it and 4 in strut spacers as well as 4in blocks for the SF. Though I suppose that stock springs were to be used with this set up?

now I'm really confused...I was just looking at a custom built Krypton Fabs 4 in SFD and it and 4 in strut spacers as well as 4in blocks for the SF. Though I suppose that stock springs were to be used with this set up?

Yeah, mainly meant for stock springs, but you can stack them with lift stuff as a few others have done.

The subframe spacers counter the strut spacers to restore geometries. So as long as your total amount of lift (struts spacers + springs) is offset by the subframe spacers, you're in pretty good shape.