7 day build throw down.

greenda3

Possibly, but wouldn't this be apparent from a deformity on the hose? I'm also curious to know what about the piston needed re-honing, or what method was used. I've taken fine emery paper to a sticky piston before, but I wouldn't call it re-honing. Any sort of return issues I've had were related to dry main pins.

Not all brake line issues cause a visual deformity. Things to check: brake hose isn't twisted (seen it a few times when things are put back together in haste); slide pins are free and lubed; if these things don't turn anything up try cracking the bleeder to see if that relieves pressure and allow the piston to retract. I've had hoses where the inner portion had collapsed with no visible indication on the our (rubber) jacket.

Just back in from the weekend. As it turns out a seal on one piston was bad and it let a piston seize up. Just happened that it showed up after my axle swap. I stayed up late trying to get it to move and finally got it working. Of course once we got out there my buddys new xj had the rad explode during check in. Looked like a bomb went off. So i missed the event to help wrench on his rig but got some nasty river bed rock action in. Finished two trails i was told not to try cuz that little nissans not built for it.

Sent from my LGMS395 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just back in from the weekend. As it turns out a seal on one piston was bad and it let a piston seize up. Just happened that it showed up after my axle swap. I stayed up late trying to get it to move and finally got it working. Of course once we got out there my buddys new xj had the rad explode during check in. Looked like a bomb went off. So i missed the event to help wrench on his rig but got some nasty river bed rock action in. Finished two trails i was told not to try cuz that little nissans not built for it.

Good job busting down stereotypes!

Have you implemented any traction enhancements yet? Or are you still "2-wheel drive"?

I think you mentioned installing manual hubs and spooling your front differential? done that yet?

What do you have in the rear? open? stock lsd? repacked lsd?

The rear im leaving alone untill i decide about my plan for axle swaps. In the mean time im doing gear. Roof rack. Lights. Air comp. Ect. Also prob gonna spray tge truck in tan monster liner. Im tired of brush rash every week

The rear im leaving alone untill i decide about my plan for axle swaps. In the mean time im doing gear. Roof rack. Lights. Air comp. Ect. Also prob gonna spray tge truck in tan monster liner. Im tired of brush rash every week

Can't wait to see these changes to your truck.

I only have the spacer lift and 33s on it now. I made some spring bushings for a extra .5 inch up front too. Im wanting 35s by spring so im teetering on how im gonna get there. First off is a custom rear bumper tire carrier and roof rack for all my gear.

I only have the spacer lift and 33s on it now. I made some spring bushings for a extra .5 inch up front too. Im wanting 35s by spring so im teetering on how im gonna get there. First off is a custom rear bumper tire carrier and roof rack for all my gear.

I'm planning a custom rear bumper/tire carrier myself. But I don't have fab/welding experience. So I'm going to have to hire someone to do it.

If you are in a position to make 2 of them while you are at it, then I would love to talk about hiring you.

BTW, I have this idea of using the spare tire location to create a 'live well' type of space underneath the rear hatch. To clarify, I would use the space to create a deep compartment, that is part of the interior. So instead of that 4" deep storage tray, it would be cavernous...and housing an air compressor and house battery(ies).

Just offering that up in case the idea sounds like one you would like to adopt.

I have a water tank going in the space made of fiberglass so it wastes no space. Once its comple i plan on a big how to thread on it. Super cheap and easy. Also can double for fuel if so inclined

That's a great use of that space too!