100% Disabled Iraq Army Veteran and Proud Pathfinder Owner

motoman70

I am looking forward to talking with the proud Pathfinder owners here on this site. I appreciate being able to be a part of this group and hope to even meet member's out on the trail. I was medically retired from the Army last November due to injuries sustained from Iraq, and until I Moved from Arizona to Spokane Washington haven't been able to test the abilities of my awesome Pathfinder that I picked up last September. Prior to the Pathfinder I was building up a 2008 Nissan Titan WD SE KC, which was a great truck but not so much when taking the family out with my service dog during the summer. So I searched for a Pathfinder with a 5.6 that needed to be 4WD, not expecting that I would find it. Well just as I gave up hope I came across an ad for a 2008 Pathfinder that the dealer though was a V6 and was selling it for 15,999. Well, I jumped in the Titan raced down (as I checked the VIN and sure enough it was a V8) to the dealer who had just took this in on trade for a BMW and hadn't even had time to clean it. I looked under the hood, yep V8. I had perm-a-grin. then looked in side, oh my. DVD, BOSE, power everything and 2nd most important 4WD.

So, I said "it's mine". gave the dealer the keys for my Titan and off I went like I had just had sex for the first time. Oh, this awesome Pathfinder only had 87,000 miles on it, one owner, a corporation. Score, clean car fax, new tires (even the spare was the same as the rest of the other tires) sunroof, roof rack, all the original all season mats, original manuals with DVD instruction. this Pathfinder is my life. So, moved to Spokane, WA in October 2014 and this Pathfinder rules through any type of terrain or weather or combined. And since I can't do a lot with my limitations, I plan on finding and mapping all of the back country around Spokane, WA with this Pathfinder and my family.

I have a great relationship with Greg at PRG, and looking forward to learning more about this Pathfinder from all in this community. Especially, making sure it is ready for severe off road, but not to modified that it isn't any good on the road for say long trips across the USA.

V/r,

Dean McAllister

SSG, USA (Ret)

Call sign: MacAttack

• Like 1

:welcome:

And thank you for your service! :aok:

You'll find lots of great folks and information around the site, although most of us have the older WD21 (in the US, that was 1987-1995) or R50 (1996-2005) models.

• Like 1

Welcome and congrats on your 100% VA benefit. Not taking your injuries lightly, but getting 100% for it can sometimes be more difficult than it should be.
Have fun with your new family adventure vehicle.

Welcome and thank you for your service :beer:

The R51 isn't as 'mainstream' around here yet but with some of the mechanical knowledges some of our members have, we should still be a good asset for you :aok: (them at or at least good times/good laughs!)

Welcome to the forum MacAttack! Good to hear you're loving your Pathy. As you'll see there aren't a lot of people with the R51 on here, but you will find more aftermarket support for that one than for the R50. The bastard child of the family.

• 2 weeks later...