$60 Snorkel

mtnnate

WOW! Cant we all just get along? :beer:

Indeed! What matters is we all love our pathy's! Be that its good bad or ugly.

Now enough hippy love crap :-) In reality I'm just P'O'ed because my 87 doesn't allow me the $60 snorkel option :-)

Don't see why not!!!

Flexi air hose is all you need.

You have trhe round airfilter on top of the motor right??

Run the flexi hose from the inner gaurd to your aircleaner inlet. Simple.

If the inlet is not round, then weld a round section onto the end. You would have to do that for an aftermarket snorkel any way.

Don't see why not!!!

Flexi air hose is all you need.

You have trhe round airfilter on top of the motor right??

Run the flexi hose from the inner gaurd to your aircleaner inlet. Simple.

If the inlet is not round, then weld a round section onto the end. You would have to do that for an aftermarket snorkel any way.

You would also have to remove the hot air intake and patch over where it was or youcould suck water up from around the manifold.

pretty sure it was vicks that started calling everybody out on their rigs, and how his is so much better, and ours can't run over a turd.  good for him.

and yeah, pvc sux.  that's why i am going to use ABS.

Take the time to explore the thread. I only wanted to help if you guys could not get "real" snorkles. We don't pay $400.00 for snorkles here in the land of OZ and I don't think my Kiwi brothers do either. Given that the exchange rate is in your favour it would be a failry cheap option to ship from here. But as you will learn, when you bother to look back, I was shot down. It went on to say/imply that Australia was not the "real world"? Given that only 3% of US citizens have pass ports and alomost 80% of Aussies do, I would have said the we (Australia) were in the "real world." I do not hang shlt on you guys for saying a$$ (you can't even say a$$ on here. What a joke!) over and over and over, when arse would be more apt. As we all know an A$$ is a donkey. So why the hell do you hang shlt on me because I use Austrailian spelling.

All this from someone who put a POS Holden engine in their rig crazy.gif

This is what I am talking about. We have here, a guy that more than likely has never seen a Holden V6 letalone driven one. I make more HP than you could dream of mate.

Did he say turd? I would not want to clean that out of my treads. Thats just gross! You sick little angry monkey. barf.gif

You crack me up man. :lol:

I love your sig too. Priceless!

Thanks Diesel Boy. Hope to PM you soon (on OL) about a locker. I have to run it by the hugs and kisses. She is still seathing about the live axle and the new tyres. :huh:

I will keep in mind that perhaps not everyone is as finantial or detail savvy as I am. I will try to follow the old adage......... If I have got nothing nice to say about the way you guys do things, I will say nothing at all.

Edited by Vsicks Pathy

Front locker. (where else would you put it)

that is funny. maybe the rear?

If you want to do serious 4wding the logical place is the front first then the rear later.

I will explain it to you.

The front has the most weight over it (better traction) but is also more likely to lift a wheel (loss of traction with an open diff) at any given point on a track.

But I see your point. I have seen some pics of Pathies trying to "flex".

I mean look at this guy no "flex at all" :shrug:http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showuser=248

It looked like the sway bar was still connected. :crazy:

The other spin on the locker thing is the rear end is "generally"

stronger, due to the lack of CV joints, and when climbing hills a rear locker is the go.

Fronts are better for climbing banks, river driving, open road driving, bogs, making up for lack of sus travel etc etc.

On the sus travel, i can't decide on that one my self.

One half of me says yes you lift a front more than a rear in an IFS vehicle, so a front locker.

The other half says well if you lift a front wheel and both the back are still in full contact with the ground, then surely it would be more beneficial in the back seeing as you have two wheels still able to grip somthing. Albeit, there will be bugger all weight on one of them.

Both work the same in my mind.

Pete.

Go the Holden conversion!!! I nearly did one in my Surf!!

I reckon with the Coversion and the MK/GQ bits in the front you have a better set of wheels than i have !!!!

The GQ's just to farken big, i get wedged in the Rollux ruts!!!!!

That and you need 35's to get the same clearence at the diff head as you would get on yours with 32's.

Club rules are 33.

Suck arse!!!!!

Didn't we just post a link to another board where this was going on?

We aren't here to tear each other down, this isn't some who's got the bigger wank contest. From what I understand this board is to allow members to share ideas, what works, what doesnt, and allow everyone to benefit from it. Just because you don't think someone's snorkel idea is any good is no reason to tear them apart for it. Let them learn, come back here and share what went wrong and what could be done differently.

Guest packman5280
If you want to do serious 4wding the logical place is the front first then the rear later.

I will explain it to you.

The front has the most weight over it (better traction) but is also more likely to lift a wheel (loss of traction with an open diff) at any given point on a track.

Hmm, ever seen hills? as soon as you start to go up them, guess what happens? All the weight transfers to the rear. Do you actually wheel your truck, or just go to the mall?

Guest packman5280
Key word here is butchered! Not to mention devalueation of your Pathy.

That sounds like somebody talking sh!t to me. How would you react if somebody said you were butchering and devaluing your truck? Maybe butchering means something else over there?

Edited by packman5280

Guest packman5280
OK, so your Pathies are worth shlt over there. Fine. But what about the people on the side of the road that point at you laughing? crazy.gif Do you carry with you a bag of shame?

P.S. A bag of shame can be any type of bag so long as it covers your head and face. Reason being............ TO HIDE YOUR EMBARRASMENT! togo.gif

So does that. So don't try to hide behind the "I was just tryingto help" BS. It won't fly.

Now go home troll.

Edited by packman5280

I will refrain from entering the urinary olympics in this thread.

My 2 cents is simple... If someone wants to put together a less expensive alternative to a retail snorkel kit, more power to them. Let us know how it works out. If you choose a retail setup, same deal... let us know how it works. Personally, I lean towards customization of items if possible. In many products, there are 'averages' taken to make items that will work in multiple vehicles and are not specific to any. 'close enough' seems to be the favorite phrase of manufacturers (as many who put a K&N air filter on their pathy have found out, it's not a straight out-of-the-box fit). To each his own though.

(I like the thought of stainless Dieselboy, that could look sharp if done right :) )

I think the main problem is that some one offered up critisim to the idea, pointed out its fall backs, pointed out why perhaps it wan't the most sensible idea and BOOOM!!!!

At the end of the day you do what ya like with your rig!!!!

So chill pills time i say!!!!!

By the way Vicks been on the outer limits board for bloody ages ;)

A note to NPORA members.

Please don't think that Vsicks speaks for everyone in Australia.

He's right that the 'real world' comment was kinda dumb. (Australia's almost the same size as the USA, has a much lower crime rate, a higher average standard of living and superior accessibility to affordable public education and healthcare).

I'm pretty surprised that he took offense to the 'real world' comment when his sig line insults the heritage and culture of a couple hundred million people.

Folks who know me will know that I'm both an Aussie and an American and I love both countries, so I'll never take a side against either one. Bad behaviour, though, from either side of the Pacific, should be kept off this forum.

If anybody wants to reply to me, feel free. But try to keep any flaming off the board, just PM me instead.

Yours sincerely,

A note to NPORA members.

Please don't think that Vsicks speaks for everyone in Australia.

He's right that the 'real world' comment was kinda dumb. (Australia's almost the same size as the USA, has a much lower crime rate, a higher average standard of living and superior accessibility to affordable public education and healthcare).

I'm pretty surprised that he took offense to the 'real world' comment when his sig line insults the heritage and culture of a couple hundred million people.

Folks who know me will know that I'm both an Aussie and an American and I love both countries, so I'll never take a side against either one. Bad behaviour, though, from either side of the Pacific, should be kept off this forum.

If anybody wants to reply to me, feel free. But try to keep any flaming off the board, just PM me instead.

Yours sincerely,

You have a PM

Yes, we are. Please start another thread if you want to discuss the snorkel subject any further. I'd appreciate it if you guys would please just calm down and not have a mini flame war over the aesthetics of snorkels and how to cut holes in fenders. Nobody cares, really.