starts fine however horn blows when I start

cctmedic

I have a 1998 pathfinder I replaced the timing belt and it runs fine. However when I start ti the horn blows furthermore if the car is running and I blow the horn the starter engages even going down the road. I have pulled the relay to the horn to prevent starter damage. even with the relay pulled the horn blows when I start it. but the horn switch does not engage the starter now.

somebody help me!!!

Edited by cctmedic

Odd behavior indeed. Reminds me of a new house we moved into when I was a kid. It wasn't quite ready, power being fed by a temporary line into the circuit breaker box. My mom ran the dishwasher, clothes washer, dryer, lots of high amp appliances and blew ground to the house. All of a sudden to turn the kitchen lights on we had to turn on the electric stove burners - which now functioned as dimmers. Light switches around the house begin turnning on the wrong lights, or outlets. When things go all Poltergeist like that, check that power isn't accidentally being fed into a ground somewhere (basically feeding power to other circuits, albeit in the wrong direction)

Edited by ThaBigPerm

Speaking of poltergeist activity, I remember back in 1996 I used to work at this old bakery. It was built back in the early 1950s and apparently during roof renovation work in the 1970s a guy fell to his death. Anyway since that time there had been reports of hauntings around the factory. One day one of my work colleagues came running in saying my car was beeping. It only happened when my car was parked at work. I also heard the footsteps in the hallway, when I was the only person left in the factory. Very spooky!

Haunting is probably a cause we can rule out.

Take a close look at the starter wiring and any wiring you had to disconnect to do the timing belt and make sure it all went back together properly (no bent-over pins or whatever). I would also speculate as to whether you have a smart-ass friend who jumpered your starter to your horn just to mess with you.