ID these parts

CDN_S4

Thought this could be a helpful thread for any noobs like myself that putter around on their new to them pathfinders and come across all kinds of "mystery" parts lol

So for starters, when I installed my CB radio and pulled the radio out of the dash along with the cigarette lighter cables etc, there were these 2 unused plugs just hanging out...

What option would they be for?

6f337ebff83b60a2bf094e28a46cef35.jpg

And my second question is with regards to the 3 belts up front. I think this is the AC belt but if anyone can confirm that would be great so I'll order the correct replacement part:

2c98fcaf5e66c6a20e8fd1a9fd2a3043.jpg

102ec637c024f2188a22d08130139275.jpg

As when I dropped a screw, this happened...

b140228485a841c7bf5f13593250077d.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk

Thanks. Odd that the wires for heated seats would be there when my car doesn't have that option, I wonder if there is power going to them. I guess then that means that there should be wires under my seat as well? Not hooked up to anything of course.

Sent from Tapatalk

Exactly, and that's very common for this Era of cars, it's just easier during the assembly process, and cheaper.

Newer cars are even worse. My buddy brought a used 2011 A4, in 2012, and he wanted to have the factory gps. He paid the dealer 3500 to have them plug in a laptop and enable that feature, it's insane!

-Kyle

find your AC compressor its the thing on the front of your motor thats not your water pump, or altenator or crack pulley or 2 idler pulleys pwer steering pulley. WOW that was a mouth full. The Ac compressor has a couple of rectangle"ish pieces of metal on the pulley facing the radiator. Or follow that Large shiney line back to the motor it should eventually make it to the compressor.

find your AC compressor its the thing on the front of your motor thats not your water pump, or altenator or crank pulley or 2 idler pulleys pwer steering pulley. WOW that was a mouth full. The Ac compressor has a couple of rectangle"ish pieces of metal on the pulley facing the radiator. Or follow that Large shiney line back to the motor it should eventually make it to the compressor. On my 96 SE the AC compressor is top pulley driver side. bottom pulley driver side is power steering and the belt has teeth instead of lines.

Thats about the best i can do to help you out there.

Pat

Edited by fixinto

Thanks Pat. The pulley I'm pointing at in the picture is pretty much smack dead in the centre of the motor...but it is the highest of the 3 belts.

Sent from Tapatalk

Since it seams you got your answers im going to thread jack this one and what is this part cd3c27baca4549c685b3f2b6f39cd68f.jpg763c0e0a353a3370676c266ee5fce0b2.jpg

Yesterday i fired my pathy up to move her so i dont kill the grass and my rpms bounced a lil and i started blowing antifreeze from the driver side. I shut it down and this is where it looks like it originated from

Edited by thorpe991

EGR valve in the last pic,

To the OP, you truck may have the wiring for the heated seats but If you don't have heated seats than most likely there are not seat heaters in the seats, also you don't have the switches for the heated seats right? It's cost effective for Nissan to only make one harness even if options are not installed, but they wouldn't install seats with the heaters in them and not have them hooked up.

EGR valve in the last pic,

To the OP, you truck may have the wiring for the heated seats but If you don't have heated seats than most likely there are not seat heaters in the seats, also you don't have the switches for the heated seats right? It's cost effective for Nissan to only make one harness even if options are not installed, but they wouldn't install seats with the heaters in them and not have them hooked up.

Both pics are the same thing. What's the big line coming out of it

Yeah ahardbody I knew my seats didn't have heaters in them, but I was wondering how if there we plugs under my seat as part of that same harness. So if I were to ever get seats with heaters in them that I could actually hook them up.

Thorpe, it's not thread jacking. That's the intent of this thread. It's there for anyone that is wondering about parts they don't know what they are... But thanks for your consideration.

Sent from Tapatalk

Ok there is a bolt/screw that holds some type of mount near there that had antifreeze so i thought it came from there so is there anything there that could blow like that

My valve covers are covered with antifreeze but its also wet up to the egr valve

I don't recall any coolant passage that would cause it to leak at the egr, it's possible that either a pressed plug (such as the one just above the egr in the photo) or a gasket in the vicinity could be leaking. Hard to diagnose without physically seeing it. Hope it gives you an idea though.

I don't recall any coolant passage that would cause it to leak at the egr, it's possible that either a pressed plug (such as the one just above the egr in the photo) or a gasket in the vicinity could be leaking. Hard to diagnose without physically seeing it. Hope it gives you an idea though.

9f2227800068f7d9ebd46bfaf6723600.jpg

Is this the plug the plug you mean?

I see a giant spider, thats what I see!!!

Theres a few small coolant lines all right there that basically run coolant through your throttle body and also a coolant line above to the right of the intake. It will have a bleeder port to bleed air from the cooling system there. Check those.

I see a giant spider, thats what I see!!!

Theres a few small coolant lines all right there that basically run coolant through your throttle body and also a coolant line above to the right of the intake. It will have a bleeder port to bleed air from the cooling system there. Check those.

I hate to disagree but it has wings. I think it's a mosquito hawk.

Thorpe991 do you know what happened to the missing peice of hose?

Edited by kdj

Its been sitting since june but before that it was drove dailey since i got it in August (2013) the po though i found out was very frugal and didn't do any preventive work to it so they only fixed it when it broke