ID these parts

CDN_S4

Without going outside and looking for myself, you may have to remove either just the throttle body (requiring a throttle body gasket) or the plenum (which is the "upper" portion of the intake, requiring an intake plenum gasket). I'd have to look to be sure though. May I suggest if you do have to remove the plenum, this would be the perfect time to also replace your valve cover gaskets and spark plugs, as the vc gaskets are notorious for leaking at 130k+ and the plenum must be removed to do the driver side. Gaskets are cheap, consider it part of your preventive maintenance, while your in there.

I did the spark plugs and wires in August (2013) so there good and im at 184000 miles so i think theve been replaced because it looks like they were leaking but right where the cover sits to the head is clean but below that is oily

It goes to your thermal element for the fast idle cam. Little arm that pushes back and forth based on the heat of your coolant. The hose that is busted plugs into the back of that, and it is located under your upper plenum. The pipe is the feed for the EGR to feed the exhaust back into the manifold to reduce cylinder temps and/ or noxx emissions.

what is the gasket that is under the intake called? cause im guessing thats going to have to be removed to change the hose

You have two, upper and lower intake, or upper plenum gasket and then lower intake manifold gasket. Going after the knock sensor lower intake, going after the thermal element, idle air control valve ect... upper plenum.

Thanks Pat. The pulley I'm pointing at in the picture is pretty much smack dead in the centre of the motor...but it is the highest of the 3 belts.

Sent from Tapatalk

Sorry, I may not have understood the question completely, i thought you were asking how to find your AC compressor belt. The one you are pointing at will be one of your 2 idler pulleys. They don't go to any accessories, you loosen the nut, to adjust your belt tension, well that is part of it. You loosen the nut on the idler pulley, and adjust the "bolt" that goes to that idler, depending on which way you turn it, the belt will tighten or loosen. You have 3 adjustments and 2 idler pulleys, the power steering pump mount bolt at the bottom is loosened to adjust it, the adjustment bolt can be a little tricky to find. Sorry if I still did not get your question correct.

Pat

It goes to your thermal element for the fast idle cam. Little arm that pushes back and forth based on the heat of your coolant. The hose that is busted plugs into the back of that, and it is located under your upper plenum. The pipe is the feed for the EGR to feed the exhaust back into the manifold to reduce cylinder temps and/ or noxx emissions.

That hose that is busted is the source of the coolant leak? And i defiantly have to take the plenum off to change it?

Friday im going to the jy to get one so ill learn what is all needed to come off on a junker any parts i should grab while im in there?

I already plan on grabbing the knock sensor as mine is broke so while im in changing my hose ill change that

So today i went to my local jy and found out that you do NOT have to take the plenum off to change that hose all you need to do I'd take the tb completely off then you can reach the clamp with a pair of needle nose pliers

nice, glad you got it sorted on the cheap bud, thumbs up. I noticed my element itself was leaking a little bit around the seal the other day. So after i get a few things sorted in the next month or month and 1/2 i will probably just delete the thermal element from the picture by bypassing it. It hasn't worked in years anyways. ;P

Have a good one.

Pat