I have managed to find what trim I have

RamboRedRex

I was able to find a vin decoding website thing a ma jig that is saying I have an XE trim level.....

so im happy about this but im still not 100% sure cause these sites seem to be hit or miss, its saying I have a 21 gallon tank. What is everyones normal range on a 21 gallon tank, my gas gause isnt working right so I have only pushed around 300 miles on one tank and that was 16.3 gallons after fill up, do yall think I should keep going, just take a spare gas can with me I guess to really find out.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/20186-vin-decoder/

:whistle:

300 miles on one tank and that was 16.3

That's about 18.5mpg and about normal for a WD21. I usually fill up at 1/4 tank and usually only get 15 gallons into it, so yes, you have the 80 liter (21.1 gallon tank).

B

The fuel pump can't empty the tank completely, there's no sump on it, so it just sucks until the level's lower than the pickup. A "running on empty" fillup for me is 16-18, and I verified that my tank was 21 gallons when I put it in.

I suppose this means that, if you run out of gas in the middle of nowhere, you could pour a couple bags of pebbles or little glass marbles or something down the filler, displace the fuel/raise the level to the height of the pump, and thereby limp it out of banjo territory.

The fuel pump can't empty the tank completely, there's no sump on it, so it just sucks until the level's lower than the pickup. A "running on empty" fillup for me is 16-18, and I verified that my tank was 21 gallons when I put it in.

I suppose this means that, if you run out of gas in the middle of nowhere, you could pour a couple bags of pebbles or little glass marbles or something down the filler, displace the fuel/raise the level to the height of the pump, and thereby limp it out of banjo territory.

That right there is thinking outside the box.

• Like 1

If you have ever heard marbles rolling around in a gas tank, you'd rather deal with the banjo boys; that sound will drive you nuts!

has anyone ever gotten a 20 gallon fill up

Not to my knowledge.

B

• Like 1

The most I ever put in mine was 78 liters and it was still running...Somehow. That was a late night drive home from Kitchener and all the road side stops were closed so I had no choice but to take my chances. Got me home though.