timing belt kit

PINION

There really isn't a kit and if there is, run. Run far and fast from it.

The best solution is always OEM, head over the services section of the forum and talk to rob, or the post starter of the genuine Nissan parts thread in the services sub forum, he works as a Nissan parts man, and has really good deals on the brand new OEM parts, he can price out a "kit" and deliver it right to your door.

-Kyle

• Like 1

Nice. Make sure that you take a look at the timing belt thread, in the pinned section, it will guide you on little tips for out car. Like the A/C pipe that gets in the way, and the timing marks that a somewhat pointless.

It will help prevent what I had to go through, messing up the timing on three different occasions.

You can pm me if you have further questions.

-Kyle

• Like 1

Nice. Make sure that you take a look at the timing belt thread, in the pinned section, it will guide you on little tips for out car. Like the A/C pipe that gets in the way, and the timing marks that a somewhat pointless.

It will help prevent what I had to go through, messing up the timing on three different occasions.

You can pm me if you have further questions.

-Kyle

cant find the timing belt pinned. link?

How is it a hazard? The timing belt for any vg after 94 up (to 04 in the xterra) is exactly the same. Courtesy parts is a reputable dealer source and I have ordered from them a few times before rob was around.

The only reason I can think of to do a VIN check is if you've got a mid-93 truck and you don't want to take it apart to see if it's round or square tooth. Then again, I don't sell parts, so there might be something I don't know about.

And the 96-99.5 VG33 motors are still interference, just not by as much (smaller cams). Nissan did make a non-interference VG33, but they only sold it to Ford for the Villager minivan.

Nissan did make a non-interference VG33, but they only sold it to Ford for the Villager minivan.

I was having a nice day until you mentioned this.........

:ar15: Villager minivan

LOL sorry to darken your day with the mention of the accursed Minivan.

As you know, on the whole, any mention of a Quest or Quest-like Minivan makes me grumpy and sour. :)

• Like 1