Junk yard score #3

GrimGreg

Hit the one "nice" yard in town today and spent $70 on a few odds and ends:

2 seats out of a Maxima $34 (allready installed in my 88 Pathy)

A pair of V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee springs $20

An interior top windsheild moulding $3

A map light from a 95 Pathy $5

Not charged for ;):

Gas cap holder (orange thingy)

Rear door ashtray

Front turn signal lens

2 stock rocker foglight switches

5 relays

Weather tight fuse holder

handfull of fuses

The Maxima seats weren't a direct swap, had to drill the floor and use new bolts but they fit nice and are much cushier than the flat Pathy buckets, not to mention they wrap around the sides a little bit and the drivers seat has extra adjustments on the seat bottom. :D

I was pissed though, a couple guys took the tension rods before I could get them off of the 95, they were pulling them when I got there :(. Also, the rear brakes were a different set up than mine, so I couldn't get the strut I needed.

:lol: You must've worn pants with BIG pockets... a must when visiting J/Y's... :P

Those things just appeared in my tool box after I walked out the door sssh They checked the inside of my tool box when I walked out :shrug:

It was a 90 Maxima I think, at least an early 90s model. I looked at a couple different ones today, can't remember that specific ones year though.

I'll see if I can get a pic up here in a minute. :type:

Edited by GrimGreg

Regarding the 240SX option - the seat rails and mounting method in my '87 pathy look verrrrrry similar to the ones in my 1990 240SX! And they do fold forward and slide with the side latch.

The only down side: While they were extremely comfortable when new, I found the 240 seats to wear out too fast for my liking. At only 80K, the foam had collapsed/broken down enough to notice metal digging in, and the cloth was wearing pretty severely on the tips of the side bolsters.

• 2 weeks later...