Hello all! Update after owning for a few months. Won't got back to TOYOTA

befries

So I added a very vague description last time I posted, so update since I've traded my 86 4runner for my 97 pathfinder. A bit about the 4runner, terrible, Nuff said lol, pathfinder 245k today, wasn't thrilled at first won't lie. But that was due to the fact it had the death wobble front and rear=-O really sucked to drive.... Since I've gotten it fixed with a set of new cooper discover AT3, it is fantastic to drive, plenty of power vs the 22re, that's a given, better gas mileage, and number one in my book is it's limited slip dif, never owned a vehicle with it, won't go back to open, even with high miles and lack of routine maintenance by last owner which is all up to date now. they did a great job with these trucks, original tranny and motor both strong as hell, that damn 4runner blew 4 motors in 4 years.... Motor Works In Spokane Washington is a big no no, just a heads up. Plus my younger brother has an 89 and same color, now a Nissan family. Plus Nissan people are much nicer than some Toyota people. I attached a picture of my old 4runner taken today... It's a DD still and on a flat bed... AgainPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

The 22RE engine is a good engine, maybe yours was a lemon, I've heard complaints about the head gaskets in the 3.0 V6 in the Toyota's although we never had a problem with the one in the 88 4x4 pickup we used to own. My buddy has an 86 Toyota with the 22R and after 3K miles when he changes the oil it comes out gold still!! I guess it all depends on how it was taken care of.

I always liked the first gen 4 runners with the removable top's and the 84-85's with the solid axle, 89 would have been a decent one for me to have, last year of the removable top with the V6.

Anyway, I don't really think it's a fair comparison going from the 86 4cyl 4 runner to a 97 pathfinder but at least you have a Nissan now ! I've always found the Toyota owners to be more "cocky" than the Nissan owners but I'm sure each brand has it's share of cocky" owners ! LOL

Good luck with your 97 !

First one I'll admit I blew the hell out of it with some water.... Oops.... Next three were all faulty headgaskets, the fifth time cam shaft broke after only one year.

1997 Pathfinder

I took care of that engine like it was my kid lol. Was a faulty motor out of that shop.

1997 Pathfinder

So what does the wife think about a comment like that?

I wonder if that means Nissan owners are the Canadians of the the car world? lol!

Go to ANY 240/S-Chassis/silvia meet, and you'll quickly change your view.

Edited by silverton

Go to ANY 240/S-Chassis/silvia meet, and you'll quickly change your view.

Those guys are drifters though..not offroaders. Of course they're jerks.

I wonder if its the code and ethics of Off Road. Canadian or Not, Never leave a person stranded, we help each other get unstuck and with mechanical issues on the trail. Sometimes weather we know the person or not. Maybe that just translates to other parts of our lives?

Those guys are drifters though..not offroaders. Of course they're jerks.

Yeah, but the guy I quoted said Nissan owners. So that includes everyone. the newer Z crowd isn't exactly the favorable type either.