Another New Oregonian

Hello NPORA people,

Another new guy from Oregon here, although when I say "new" I actually mean I've been lurking as a guest on NPORA for a couple years learning lots of great things so thanks for all your help already.

About my Pathy

It's a 1994XE, 158xxx miles, 4x4, I think there's an LSD sticker under a bunch of dirt, color is dark blue with the awful blue interior. I swapped out all of the blue cloth (seats, door panels) for tan leather so now its a two tone tan on blue, much better in my opinion. I'll try to get pics of that soon. I bought the truck last summer and haven't gotten to do too much to it yet, but definitely have some plans for it. PO put on rancho 5000's, black 15" steelies (not sure of brand), and there are some worn avon 31x10.5 MT's that need replacing soon. Since I got it I put a K&N drop in air filter, pioneer HU, arc speakers in the back, kenwood amp, jl audio 10", one of the damage amplifying brush guards, that little interior swap I mentioned, and the usual general maintenance stuff.

Here's the only pic I have right now... I promise I'll get more

path_zps24bc6f11.jpg

• Like 2

Welcome to the site (formally) ! haha. i'm curious to see how the blue/grey looks. I can sorta picture it in my head. Ha.

What part of oregon are you from? looks like you got hit by the strange week of snow we did a couple weeks back. I'm 'bout 40mins up from portland.

Welcome to NPORA!

It sounds like you have done some homework. :aok:

I like the picture, and is that an aftermarket damage amplifier? Maybe it is just the smow but it looks different to me...

B

Thanks everyone

Kyle94, I'm down in Corvallis, about 90 mins from Portland. I haven't lived here very long, but I think that was a record snowfall. Sure was nice to have the Pathy because this town doesn't have snow plows.

Precise1, I'm not sure about the brush guard. I picked it up off craigslist and couldn't find a brand or model # on it, I was guessing Manik. It seems like it might be for a hardbody because it sits a little high, kinda blocks the bottom of the headlights. I'll be trying to fix that once the weather is a little better.

The rain just stopped for a minute so I got some interior pics.

photo1_zpscaee1346.jpgphoto2_zpsea2c1e4b.jpgphoto3_zps6c6c0288.jpg

Blue round dash and manual center console are awesome, never seen that, I want a console like that for mine (with the Iid, though :))

I like that leather interior, really good. I think it matches pretty good. :aok:

Edited by teixeira

That looks pretty good like that. :aok:

What, no love for the rapist red interior though? :lol:

Precise1, I'm not sure about the brush guard. I picked it up off craigslist and couldn't find a brand or model # on it, I was guessing Manik. It seems like it might be for a hardbody because it sits a little high, kinda blocks the bottom of the headlights. I'll be trying to fix that once the weather is a little better.

Makes sense, the Hardbodies are a little taller (1.5-2" is what I have heard). It shouldn't be hard to modify (you want those lights clear) or just remove the wings and sport the center as a pushbar, we do that on our R50 with a bar that came off of a 1999.5+.

I don't think it looks bad, my Spidy senses told me it was different... :D

B

That does look good and the leather is mint! Nice... I've seen a few brush guards like that roaming around, its not the only one.

:welcome: from right across the bridge.

Edited by Kingman

Blue round dash and manual center console are awesome, never seen that, I want a console like that for mine (with the Iid, though :))

I like that leather interior, really good. I think it matches pretty good. :aok:

You wanted pics now my truck looks like crap!

• Like 1

Thanks for the compliments everyone, I'm definitely happy with how the interior turned out. I like it a lot more than the turquoise/purple/royal blue woven cloth that the leather replaced. The lumbar support is my favorite part.

teixeira, I have the console extension with the lid but I took it out because it feels like it's in the way when I'm shifting a lot.

Does anyone know if there is a lid for the smaller portion of the console?? I've looked around but haven't found anything yet... I'm not that great with the search function yet.

• 5 months later...

I seemed to have missed this one, but I just read your free parts thread.

I almost gave you the NPORA web address last week when I was down there, but I see you already know it! :lol:

We were next to you (not in my Pathy) on Kings while going onto Van Buren, but someone turned out in front of me and I could not get back again before we turned onto 4th, where you went straight. The day before my boys had told me about your truck and were like "There's the truck we saw yesterday!"

At any rate, Welcome to NPORA! :aok:

• 1 month later...

RedPath,

Unfortunately you won't be seeing my truck on Kings to often anymore, my truck and I are now living in San Diego. That's a great story though, and I'm glad I do know the site, it's helped me so much. Every time I see a nice wd21 I wonder if they know the site and always think about leaving the address. Thanks for the welcome!

• Like 1

RedPath,

Unfortunately you won't be seeing my truck on Kings to often anymore, my truck and I are now living in San Diego. That's a great story though, and I'm glad I do know the site, it's helped me so much. Every time I see a nice wd21 I wonder if they know the site and always think about leaving the address. Thanks for the welcome!

Man, great looking truck, that first snow pic is really stunning! Your dark tint combined with the rims and that gorgeous paint job I think all really pop together. What you said about the NPORA address makes me chuckle a bit because in the past when I've come across any other WD21 nearby in a parking lot I've left them a note, and I once ran up to a guy sitting in traffic in front of me, I said Hi to him real quick and gave him a piece of paper with the website on it, and a guy in a convenience store gas station once.

Greg

RedPath,

Ah so that was the move... I am guessing you were attending OSU then? So San Diego now, that's cool and you can help spread word about NPORA down there. :aok: