Really great resource

gv280z

Check this out, I stumbled into this parts database that has everything diagrammed in exploded view with the ability to buy that specific part. Everything is of course broken down into different categories and it looks like you get a little bit of a discount from paying dealership prices for OEM parts.

http://www.partsfornissans.com/parts/?siteid=214024

• Like 1

what's the difference besides price?

This is the site I normally use when i want to check a price, I order from Rob if I need a OEM part though.

http://www.trademotion.com/parts/1995/Nissan/Pathfinder/SE/?siteid=214041&vehicleid=92802&section=ENGINE&group=CAMSHAFT%20%26%20TIMING

Edited by ahardb0dy

Okay..I see there is already a system setup exactly like the one I found with even better prices! Don't mind me, just learning all the little tricks here. Trade motion has the best prices out of all 3. I didn't know these existed before today, have never used it.

As I said, I use buynissanparts.com (the link I posted above) when I want to look up prices, but I would rather pay a little more and deal with Rob knowing he will get me my parts and I don't have to worry about dealing with someone I don't know.

Before I knew about this forum or had my pathfinder, back when we had our 94 Infiniti Q45t I dealt with a Infiniti dealer in Arizona, they were real good to me, I had ordered new knock sensors and a harness from them one time, the parts arrived and after taking the intake plenum off the engine and replacing the two knock sensors, when I went to install the harness I found it had the wrong connector on it, turns out there were two different harnesses they used. I called the Infiniti dealer that I ordered the parts from and told them, the lady over nighted the correct harness and even threw a throttle body gasket in the package that I asked her for, parts were at my house the next morning !

Edited by ahardb0dy

Courtesyparts.com has great diagrams down to every nut and bolt. I don't know how the prices compare though.

I personally like Courtesy's parts diagrams, they show more detail, but they use their own, internal parts numbering system, rendering it useless to me.

What i do is go to this site;

http://www.nissanpartsdiscounts.com/index.php?p=home

Go to this site (Rob's dealer page)

https://www.factorynissanparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?SiteID=214081

Confirm that I've got the part number correct for the part im after.

And then call up Rob after I built up a decent list (next order is looking huge), the advantage is, the first site uses the same part numbers (for the most part) as Rob, so that way i don't waste Rob's time. Because, we all know he's busy, fixing GTR's and what not...Lol

But that's just me....

-Kyle

• Like 1

I'll use FAST with my Vin number to look up a part number than I look up the price using the site I posted, if I decide I want to order it I'll message Rob to have him double check the part number using my Vin number than order it thru him.

Not as much fun for him as dealing with customers wanting to return Autozone parts at his dealership but nice to talk to and buy something from someone you may normally only talk to using the computer on the forum.

• Like 2

I'll use FAST with my Vin number to look up a part number than I look up the price using the site I posted, if I decide I want to order it I'll message Rob to have him double check the part number using my Vin number than order it thru him.

Not as much fun for him as dealing with customers wanting to return Autozone parts at his dealership but nice to talk to and buy something from someone you may normally only talk to using the computer on the forum.

Yep! So much fun.............. the things that cross my path. :headwall::redfinder::pinkwack::stickwack::ar15:

Trademotion is a company that partnered with Nissan to provide parts websites to all the Nissan dealers. They also do it for ford, GM, Honda, Suabru, etc.

thus the sites have a similar build.

Courtesy paid to ahve their site built in the early 90's when the internet was just starting up, thus it looks, interfaces and is built differently. The part numebrs they give are so that you cannot use them to look up the part you need, then go somewhere else and buy it. With the numbers on their site, the first five given are correct and identify what sort of part it is, the last five are their internal numbers.

• Like 1