I'm lifted!

abomb1

Well, by the end of the week I got my lift all finished. Although AC calls it a 2 inch lift, I did see almost 4 inches even before I put the larger tires on. Here's a few pics...

Stock:

405441_165_full.jpg

New coils and RS9000's

405441_168_full.jpg

Rear fender height stock:

405441_164_full.jpg

Rear fender after lift:

405441_171_full.jpg

Lifted, still the same tires:

405441_173_full.jpg

Rear height with the new tires:

405441_178_full.jpg

More pictures with the lift:

405441_179_full.jpg

405441_180_full.jpg

405441_181_full.jpg

405441_182_full.jpg

Edited by abomb1

Dude, your truck is looking awesome! The inlaws have a green 03 like yours, but I can't seem to talk them into toys for it. Please post some specs all at once of what you installed, what height you ended up with, etc. If you did already, I'm sorry, just slap me across bandwidth. Those rims are cool, and ya gotta love the meatier rubber. Congrats and good job.

Thanks for all the replies.

I went from the stock height, which was almost 31" to the rear fender flare, up to almost 36 1/2" to the rear fender flare after the lift.

The lift is the AC 2" lift, with KYB GR-2 struts, Rancho RS9000X shocks, and 2" lift coils. The tires are Goodyear MTR 265/75R16's, so they are almost 32" high and about 10 1/2" wide. Wheels are chrome Ion Alloys, style 165, and have 4.25" backspacing.

I had to remove the front mudflaps, and do some trimming of the fender liner both in front and behind the front wheels to make it all fit. That should be all I have to do, even for flexing it, but I haven't had the chance to do that yet. I would say everything I did was pretty easy, but I didn't do any of the front lift. I brought it to Pep Boys to take care of the struts, mounts, and the alignment afterwards. The rear was as easy as removing the wheels, dropping the axle as far as possible to pull out the stock springs, replace shocks, and install new springs. I got the coil spring compressor from Autozone through their "lend a tool" program and it turned out to be too small to use with the new coils. You need one that can handle at least 6" diameter coils.

I fit under the garage door alright, but I probably won't be able to put a bike rack on the roof like I was planning on doing.

The ride feels pretty good, the adjustable Rancho's allow me to keep the ride as close to stock as possible with those stiffer springs. The tires actually aren't noisy at all like I expected them to be. I might notice it more in the summer with the windows down or sunroof open, but right now I don't think they are bad at all for noise.

The ride feels pretty good, the adjustable Rancho's allow me to keep the ride as close to stock as possible with those stiffer springs.

Did you get the adjustable Rancho's tha you can dial from inside?

If so was the install hard or just plug and play if not was that even an option?

:beer:

Why didn't you do the front end yourself? I'm just wondering because I'm ordering my front OME spring and I was thinking of doing it my self. I figure its got to be easyer then working on a honda civic. How much did pep. charge for just installing the springs? :hide:

Why didn't you do the front end yourself? I'm just wondering because I'm ordering my front OME spring and I was thinking of doing it my self. I figure its got to be easyer then working on a honda civic. How much did pep. charge for just installing the springs? :hide:

I've heard bad things about working with struts, its supposed to be pretty dangerous. Pep Boys charged about $100 for both springs and upper strut mounts, they didn't break it down any more than that.

Hey, ABomb, what kind of power decrease did you notice? Gas mileage decrease? Thanks.

oh, and dont forget to update your sig pic! its a little outa date now

I'm still working on the mpg check, should know in a couple days. As far as power I have only noticed a difference in the speeds I shift at since I have a manual tranny. Taking off in first I don't notice anything at all. I do have to rev a little more than before to take-off in second though. We have one of those signs that tell you your speed on one of the roads at work, and according to that, my speedometer is spot on right now. I did notice with the old tires that I was going slower than what the speedometer indicated.

I'll have to take care of the sig pic soon. I'd like to come up with something more than just a picture from my Cardomain pages.

My tires are a bit warn, and I was told from my brother that he spotted a bulge on one of the rear tires. Refunds coming and I'm looking to get a new set of 5 to use. Any recommendations. Trucks not lifted and the stock rims are still in use.

You can buy the in-cabin remote for these shocks, I think the system is about $150. I don't need that since I don't won't be changing the settings that often.

Nice shocks! Does the remote adjust the height? or stiffness?

Get the Bridgestone Dueler REVO's. I've got em. A few others have em. Everyone loves em! I've had them for a year now and they haven't let me down once. They're GREAT in the snow too.

I'll try those out. Those will fit nicely on my stock rims?