Hello from Astoria Oregon

travisg

I got my pathy a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it. :jig:

1994 XE vg30e (nothing fancy yet) ;)

It's so much more fun to drive than my plymouth acclaim

After I got the first few issues fixed, it wouldn't start so I had narrowed it down to the distributor thanks to some help from the guys here, and I put an exhaust on it cause I didn't want to run around without one plus it would back fire so bad it was undriveable after it got hot.

I still need to take a look at the o2 sensor, clean up the egr valve system, and I'd like to replace the vacuum lines as the truck is 20 years old now. After I get those couple things fixed I'll be good to hopefully start taking a look at some of the more fun things to fix and add. I have a vision of what I'd like it to become and I'll be glad to get there. It'll be a slow process but I'm glad my coworkers are gearheads, I work at O'Reilly auto parts as a delivery driver so I'll have the help I need close to home, plus all the knowledge and experience of pathies here. Because no matter how gearheaded they are none of them have pathfinders and don't really work on them.

I'll get pics tomorrow after work when it's light.

-Travis

I shall call him Timmy or Timmah (timmy from south park) and it has to be said in that voice or you're doing it wrong. lol :laugh:

IMG_6684_zps55beb032.jpg

IMG_6683_zps0fc0c1a0.jpg

IMG_6682_zps20728bc8.jpg

IMG_6687_zpsf0b307e2.jpg

ever important LSD sticker.

IMG_6686_zps6863daa9.jpg

VG30E nothing fancy yet, I plan on putting at 3" cone air filter on it. I've seen ways to do it so I feel pretty comfortable doing it.

IMG_6685_zps6b4ca5c6.jpg

interior could use and will be getting some work. I plan on doing a red on black theme as red's my favorite color but to do it purely red would be a bit much for me.

does anyone know if any '94's were made with a black dash or will I have to paint it?

Edited by travisg

it's not in bad shape it's actually in pretty decent shape but i want it black to match the final tone of what i want.

basically it'll be black interior with red trim. pretty much opposite of what the exterior is.

what about D21's same thing with the dash? :shrug:

dang. well i'll have to paint it up. no problem.

how about the keyless entry? i got a key fob from ikeyless on amazon and it's not working. i got the box to emit the correct tones but it's not syncing with the remote, :thumbsdown: any suggestions or did i just buy from the wrong people?

Nice looking truck Travisg, clean straight body. It'll love you and take care of you just as much as you do for it. These things are mega sleepers, have soo much heart and capability that your going to be finding your self saying "Oh my God! Holy crap this thing is awesome!" Just wait for the first hole that you drop through unexpectedly while out trail riding, and it'll soak it up and pull you through, I know, it happened to my son and I.

Check the rear frame for rust. Everything rusts over there and they are prone to it.

there's nothing other than a small amount of surface rust from what i can tell ATM but will check again in the near future, probably tomorrow.

as for the key fob i'm going to return this POS i got from ikeyless and might get another one from somewhere else i saw keyless ride remote has some good reviews from this forum.

Timmah only has 164,xxx miles. it pulls a little to the right but once i get it aligned and after i do the brakes he'll be golden. :lmao:

• 2 weeks later...

Not to hard, many people have done it and I know there is a write up or two about it. Check out the Garage/How To section and then search if it isn't there.

FYI, the rear disk parking brake parts can be expensive and finicky, so make sure you get allparts in good condition...

B

What's the largest tire size you'd be able to run at stock height?

and still have good clearance. i currently have 235/75r15's right now.