Brake fluid to die for.

3rdtimesacharm

I really like the Castrol GT-LMA brake fluid. it's DOT3 with higher specs. If you don't tow anything you'd be fine with just the standard store brand DOT-3. If you tow or just want the extra confidence of a higher rated fluid, get something like the Castrol LMA or if you feel like getting extra crazy, opt for the ATE Super Blue stuff.

Can't have Super Blue anymore, it got banned. Anything DOT 4 is good, it superscedes DOT 3 in both the boiling point and how much moisture it absorbs.

Oh really? I was looking in to getting the Super Blue when I upgraded the brakes on my S12, but that was about 2...2.5 years ago.

ATE Type 200 should still be available. Same spec as super blue but amber.

Yeah, but the cool thing about Super Blue, if it were still being available, is that you get to run the same spec'd brake fluid, but know positively when the old stuff is out. Start with blue, replace with amber. Start with amber, replace with blue, etc etc

Given that water in the brake system is a bad idea I'm going to go with no. There's probably some kind of dye that could be added, but I wouldn't use anything water based, and you'd have to be careful that whatever you found wouldn't attack the braking system or screw with the brake fluid's boiling point.

Can't have Super Blue anymore, it got banned. Anything DOT 4 is good, it superscedes DOT 3 in both the boiling point and how much moisture it absorbs.

Yep that is correct. We even got a memo from the distrubutor/manufacturer about this last year. About a week after we had put some in

Apparently the fluid originates in Europe and was being distributed/resold here until the DOT got wind of it and said no no no :nono: and made them yank it.

DOT rules say it must be clear so that if it is dirty you can tell.