A couple of pics of MT. Rainier in WA State

gv280z

I started going through my old photo album and picked out a few pics to scan and put up. These first ones are of MT. Rainier that I took with a little Kodak camera out the window of a plane

MtRainierfromplane2_zpsa0e736fa.jpg

MtRainierfromplane_zps006a262c.jpg

This next set is also of MT. Rainier while I was out hiking one day in the foot hills around the big mountain, this particular location was at the top of the logging road rt 5 or something that shoots off to the left while on the way to Paradise Lodge.

MtRainierhiking1_zps9340aca8.jpg

MtRainierhiking2_zpsa7301a62.jpg

• Like 2

The Washington mountains look that good but the rest of cascades seem to be suffering this year. Heck mount Shasta looks in mid summer form, barely a snow pack and the lake is dry as ever. Can you say drought California....

I envy you guys out there. When I was a truck driver in my 20's I hit all lower 48 states, and I always said Washington and Oregon were the most beautiful I have ever seen. Some sights make you stop and look, connecting something in your soul to nature. *sigh....back to my cubicle.

Ahh yes, I remember that. Have a few shots above the line myself... somewhere.

I have stood in that exact spot in Red Square (UW) various times of the year. Amazing sight. The photographer caught that when the fountain was off, normally you would see it right in line with Mt. Rainier.

Google Maps Street View

http://goo.gl/maps/jiPFn

The Washington mountains look that good but the rest of cascades seem to be suffering this year. Heck mount Shasta looks in mid summer form, barely a snow pack and the lake is dry as ever. Can you say drought California....

Yep! If it doesn't rain hard, soon, we are screwed!

My wife occasionally travels for work, and this is what she has seen...

Mt Shasta 4/19/2013

McCloud-2013-4-19007_zps55e682d2.jpg

Mt Shasta 1/24/14

McCloudRiverApts-PIS-cc2014-01-24002_zps

See a difference? :ohno01:

Shot this near the end of the Mr. Jim run 2, of Mt Rainer.....

284.jpg

We were up above the cloud fog line...

285.jpg

Fixed that for you. ;)

The microclime weather systems that large mountains form and hold on to are fascinating, and beautiful as you show.

B

I just remembered, my friends and I did the tandem sky diving thing down there south of Olympia and while we were in the plane, before the jump I could see all 5 of the big volcanos up there all lined up, Rainier, I guess Shasta was one, Baker, St. Helens and there was one other..pretty awesome.

We live 15 miles away from mt Rainer as the crow flies. We are screwed IF it were ever to blows her top. I have grown up with that Mt. MY whole life, in Puyallup we were living over orting the most dangerous city to live in the path of a volcano

I don't blame you, Puyallup is very nice town, I remember it well. I think that guy with the supercharged Ls-1 stuffed in a 240Z lives around there, I recognized that long hill in one of his videos of him racing the Yamaha R1 up that hill. if Yellowstone ever goes, we're all screwed, whole planet..done.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

We live 15 miles away from mt Rainer as the crow flies. We are screwed IF it were ever to blows her top. I have grown up with that Mt. MY whole life, in Puyallup we were living over orting the most dangerous city to live in the path of a volcano

But what is life without knowing that at any moment, any of 8 mountains in a 150 mile radius could erupt at any time??

Boring if you ask me... :laugh:

-Kyle

Nice!

if Yellowstone ever goes, we're all screwed, whole planet..done.

Well, maybe, maybe not, but there certainly won't be any population pressures any longer, or even IRS for that matter... :lol:

B

Kyle, I know what you mean, May 18th so many years ago when the family herd this big rumble noise, looking south from Ballou Jr high school, we were there playing flag football. And seeing Mt saint Helens blow her top, and then again five more times over the next few years. Was pretty exciting beings I was just a teenager at the time.

It was quite impressive when she belched out a bit a few years ago! I have seen lots and lots of stuff on St. Helens, bit was too young and lived in another state when she blew. Volcanos are extremely interesting to me. Did lots of crap in school on them.

Mt. Adams this summer too...

IMG_0119_zps7fba0299.jpg

Edited by 5523Pathfinder