wd21 maf and mystery wire

artistic

hi all fellow scratch your head and kick the nearest thing pathfinder owners.

Recently moved to canada and as i live in the sticks thought i,d need a 4 x 4, got one for a steal with few issues untill today........ The imfamous MAF!

Had the problem of no power then suddenly it kicks in, reverse, ha, i could stumble quicker.

So after reading npora i cleaned the maf, still the same issue, unravelled the lecky tape to find whats in the photos. If i pull out the maf connector the engine stops so i assume the maf itself is doing its job so wiring problem andnagain looks like ground.

So where does this bare wire afix to and can i just splice a ground onto the 3rd and ground it to the body.

Btw, when i fixed the bare wire to what again i assume is the ground it heats up and smokes! What am i doing wrong?

Need to fix this quick as like i said i live out in the sticks

what bare wire? Should be 3 wires in the MAF sensor harness/plug, white, black and black/white, not 100% sure which goes to ground, the ground wire supposedly grounds through the ECU, the repair harness that you can see in the thread here shows the harness, it uses an additional wire that goes to ground, see this thread:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/36667-bad-maf-harness-ground-nissan-official-fix/

Here, I put this in your thread in the New Member section.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/36667-bad-maf-harness-ground-nissan-official-fix/

Good idea putting your question where is will get more attention, but bad idea for the duplicate threads. Please don't do that, it can confuse the issue/answers.

B