New NPORA member

Guest 05 Pathy Offroad

Guest 05 Pathy Offroad

Hello everyone,

I am a new member to the NPORA association, but I am not new to the ownership of Nissan Pathfinders, and Nissan trucks. To date I have owned several different models of Pathfinders from a blue 1993 Pathfinder XE-V6, a maroon 1994 XE-V6, 2 1995 Pathfinder XE-V6, a white 1995 Pathfinder SE-V6 with leather, a blue 1994 Pathfinder XE-V6, a white 1994 Pathfinder XE-V6, and my latest a blue 2005 Pathfinder SE Offroad. Most of these Pathfinders were taken offroad on several occasions, and only one has gotten stuck( but if you don't get stuck at least once your not really 4x4 hard enough). My questions is this, lately I have been seing a trend toward soft roaders, not offroaders. What is the real competion for the Nissan Pathfinder? Some say the Jeep Grand Cherokee with the quadra drive II system (owned a 98 GC Limited not too impressed) others say the Toyota 4Runner (wife owned a 97 Limited) which is a great SUV, but I found severely underpowered. Then you have the rich guys SUVs, the ones that will never be taken offroad (unless you count going over a curb at the mall 4wheeling) like the Land Rover Discovery or the new Land Rover LR3, BMW X5, Lexus GX470. I would like to hear what people have to say, I am somewhat bias on my opionion of the Pathfinder, and the new one just further solidifies my opinion that Nissan makes the best products on the market. Toyota, and Jeep had better watch their backs.

yes because you need a $110 000 MB suv to do that...

welcome to the forums. Any reason for having so many pathfinders? most of us keep the same on for at least a few years.

:beer:

can get a gently used one for under 50k and a brand new one in Germany for maybe even less... factory lockers and german engineering.. need i say more???

665548873412003124910PM.jpg

Gd3002047040PM.jpg

66554887342200353938AM.jpg

I have never seen a pic of a Pathy in anything remotely as remote as the ones above..

Guest 05 Pathy Offroad

After seing the reply from MZXTREME, I decided to go out on the trails. I will agree that the MB G wagon is an amazing offroader, but come on we are compairing a 85k plus SUV against a 36k Pathfinder. And other thing I noticed, unless you live in Germany none of those pics look like they were taken by you. So unless you have some REAL footage of yours or one you know out on the trail what good is your argument.

I have included some of my REAL pics that were taken here in some great Idaho mountains. Hey but thanks for the comparison.

post-19-1106610447.jpg

Edited by 05 Pathy Offroad

After seing the reply from MZXTREME, I decided to go out on the trails. I will agree that the MB G wagon is an amazing offroader, but come on we are compairing a 85k plus SUV against a 36k Pathfinder. And other thing I noticed, unless you live in Germany none of those pics look like they were taken by you. So unless you have some REAL footage of yours or one you know out on the trail what good is your argument.

I have included some of my REAL pics that were taken here in some great Idaho mountains. Hey but thanks for the comparison.

you asked and got an anwer you didn't like. sorry, but you didn't quantify that it had to be my truck, it had to be in the USA and by mentioning LR, BMW, and Lexus you opened the door for the G. BTW. those are REAL pictures and a few of them are from roadless Patagonias...

i am glad i inspired you to go out and play. your truck looks pretty nice and since you seem to have driven all the models i'd be intersted in your comparison.... i wonder how your truck will do in some real 4x4 situations...

I have never seen a pic of a Pathy in anything remotely as remote as the ones above..

I can drive 30 miles from my house and make that one along the cliffs look like they're on a major freeway... it's called Buttercup Valley ~ looks like the middle of the Sahara... except on Holiday weekends of course. -alcohol-

As far as you know, there's the European equivalent of a Howard Johnson's right behind the guy that took the pic... ;)

And welcome, 05... WAVEY

Edited by hardwaretoad

I can drive 30 miles from my house and make that one along the cliffs look like they're on a major freeway... it's called Buttercup Valley ~ looks like the middle of the Sahara... except on Holiday weekends of course. -alcohol-

i don't call that remote. what i do call remote is when you're the first vehicle in over 6 years to show up in a place... i think Pathfinder got launched in the US with it traversing the american continents N-->S...

believe me i like my pathy.. G is something to aspire for me... i am not big on chryslerization of MB (Q is down) so future is wide open for Pathfinder to kick some butt... 05's four way independent suspension is something that makes me go hmmm? when considering it as an off-road vehicle.. i am anxious to hear 05PO's assessment though... so far so good from what it sounds like....

I was all pissed of today, because of something I don't want to say, but as I pulled up by a black '05 Pathy LE, I felt so happy all of a sudden. I really want one. I know the Pathy is no drag racer, but 270HP ans 290LBS OF TORQUE, would really make me grin compared to my 170HP VG33 :cool2: .

• 2 weeks later...

WOW WEEEEEEE

not only does he have an 05 but he produced pics of himself off roading it

:aok: as far as im concerned

i wouldnt want to scratch it if it was mine....... :hide:

anyway welcome

:aok::aok::aok:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The G-wagon is awesome especially the new one with the 468hp compressor engine. Also on the price no object SUV's I would love the VW Toreg W10 diesel that is one sweet ride. Massive power and it averages like 23 mpg. :cool2: