buick 231 v6 swap

Nissanland

Has anyone herd of anyone doing a 231 swap. These engines have much more power and get better fuel mileage. I had one when I was much younger in a 77 Chevy short bed. I was able to make it a 385 bhp machine. Not sure it would work in a pathy wo a sas though...Just wandering, I'm sure it would be a really fun truck to drive with that kind of power.

Used to be common in yota's until the 4.3 was rebalanced... In the 90's I think it was. Can't say that I have ever known anyone who put a 231 in a wd. I would question the worth of the gain vs time/money investment, unless you build it.

its properly a wd21 from australia or nz the kits are exy though

http://www.marks4wd.com/transfer-case-adaptors/nissan/navara-pathfinder-1.html

Close. UK HB.

There are 2-3 threads on the 4.3 swap on this forum that I know of.

One, that I saw a long time ago (like 2008) I believe was into a non SAS'ed 4x4.

I searched and I couldn't find it.

4.3 should be the same bolt pattern and shouldn't be any different then the 4.3

As long as its not a FWD 231.

The Buick 225s and 231s have a long history in Jeeps. In the old CJs, which weigh under 3,000 pounds (curb weight of 2600~ during the years the 225 was factory). The power is fantastic in a rig that light.

Edmunds.com says a WD21's curb weight is 3500~, might not be too bad.

Plus you could get really fancy with the 231. T-18, SM465, SM420, D300....

The Buick 225s and 231s have a long history in Jeeps. In the old CJs, which weigh under 3,000 pounds (curb weight of 2600~ during the years the 225 was factory). The power is fantastic in a rig that light.

Edmunds.com says a WD21's curb weight is 3500~, might not be too bad.

Plus you could get really fancy with the 231. T-18, SM465, SM420, D300....

my 69 cj5 had the 225 in it, a T14 tranny 3.73 rear end with posi, when I rebuilt it I bored it 20 over, a Crower solid lifter cam, Mallory dual point ign, and offy manifold and played around with a few different carbs.

When I hit 2nd gear at 45 mph it would pull the frt end, of course with the T14 it didn't last too long, ended up installing a muncey close ratio 4spd with the Advance adaptor output shaft and housing. I made a believer out of a lot of broncos and blazers

Looks like the English like the Buick swap, your jy must have a bunch of dead Buick engines waiting for a new chance of life..I missed thr chance to get the 4.3/231 out of a rear ended grand national with only 85k on it. The jy got a whopping $8000 for it. To rich for my blood...