Well I installed Kryptons SFD. My opinions

dustinp

Well I am happy with how my pathfinder turned out, however I am fairly disappointed with KRFabs Customer Service.

I know Kryptons Warehouse is located in Canada and I live in the US, but the kit took a very long time to get here. There website quoted 5-10 days and it turned out to be nearly a month before I got the kit.

Most parts fit as they were suppose to. I had to grind one rear subframe block, and one spot on each strut spacer to get the bolts on.

I dont know how the steering linkage fits because I screwed mine up. I couldnt figure out why the splines on the steering rack didnt seem to fit the steering linkage, The steering extension also seemed very long. I later found out I was suppose to take off a knuckle on the steering rack, which I know is not there fault just me being an idiot. Now it is damaged and I am working on fixing it, it does however still seem to long.

There customer service consists of one email address that apparently leads nowhere. I emailed them multiple times and didn't get a single email back, and without a phone number its impossible to get any customer service

In the end I am happy that my rig is lifted and I shouldnt complain to much since KRFabs is the only place that makes a lift for it, however for nearly 700 dollars I expected a little more.

..Anyhow here is the finished product (only moves in a straight line, but its close)

pathfinderlifted_zps2db044f6.jpg

When I do get the steering done I will definitely need to do quite a bit of trimming.

• Like 4

They are Titan wheels. I just got 2" wheel spacers so the hub size didn't matter I needed the spacer to clear the struts anyway and I like the stance it gives me. Im a little worried about how it will ride with the spacers but I will have to wait and see

Hate to completely :jacked: , but can you run us through your exact setup, looks like you have a 2001 (VG or VQ?) with titan wheels, 2" wheel spacers, What tires, they look like duratracs, but what size? and then do you have the full 6" with the AC springs, or just the KR fabs 4"? Judging by your LCA its the former?

The truck looks amazing and i just want to get the full spec list.

Thanks

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123

No problem at all. its just the 4" sfd wj coils in the back and monotube f250 shocks from autozone. Nitto Trail Grapplers I believe for the tires. theyre 295/70/r18 like 34.75" I bought them used for $200. Then I bought the rims from some guy for 150 Titan rims i don't know anything about them except they barely clear the struts even with the 2" spacers. Ill let you know some more specs when I get home too my phones dying

Awesome. Thing looks amazing. It's got me thinking, and that's not good. Lol

And 34's are huge! That's why I love that stance so much. Could you put some more detailed, higher quality pictures when you get the chance? And how your wheel and tire fitment is? The wheel fitment thread would appreciate it, as much as I would.

Sweet truck, once again.

-Kyle

• Like 1

Thanks guys I really appreciate it. Once I fix the steering I will do a walk through on my trimming, Im not going to lie though I dont know how to work forums to save my life. It took me a while to figure out how to even post this and I still dont know if its in the right place. I will post some pictures tomorrow. I couldnt tell you how it handles yet since my steerings still out but I will get it soon ha, and if any of you guys go to do a subframe drop I have a few pointers and tips thatll help allthough the other members on here did a great job with their write ups, couldnt have done it without them.

IMAG0140_zps540147e0.jpg

IMAG0142_zpsa18827b9.jpg

IMAG0002_zps97687dfe.jpg

IMAG0003_zpsd0eef37f.jpg

IMAG0139_zpsd5918110.jpg

I put it next to my car because its hard to get perspective without seeing it in person. It also looks like its leaning, thats because of my poor photography and crappy driveway. My steering extension is getting the splines cleaned out today!! :D

I'm not gunna lie 01silverpathy your pathfinder and walkthrough was the only reason I did an sfd. I have no idea how I'm going to go about my trimming but I will figure it out

• Like 1

I have a thread on here somewhere on how I trimmed my fenders. Basically took off the flares and cut just a bit above the holes for the flare mounts.
http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/31243-trimmed-fenders/?hl=%2Btrimmed+%2Bfenders

The rear was more involved and I wish I had pics but basically I made inch vertical cuts up into the quarter pannel every inch along the fender then hammered them in to roll them basically...then weld them together and grind them flat. Ill try and get some pics

As far as the front bumper thats stock.....I wrecked the truck awhile back and the front bumper got bent and ripped up so I took it off and that metal piece is right behind it as the real bumper. Just drilled some holes in it and viola you have a metal bumper thats high clearance and a perfect place to mount lights!

Very nice build. Really like the tire size.

I had great customer service when I did mine, but that was kind of way back in the mix of SFD's. I also had issues with the steering linkage, but he changed the design a couple years ago for the newer kits so not sure if I can help with what you have. I ended up going the old fashioned way of pulling a steering spline shaft/knuckle from a 91' Honda Accord (IIRC).

My sister lives in Billings. If I ever see myself heading that way with my beast I'll PM ya.

Hey Silvapathy, my bumper is about to fall off and I'm most likely going to go with your look this fall.

• Like 1