Town reappears after 25yrs under water

SilverPath

That is incredible. I'm really fascinated with that kind of stuff. Pripyat (Chernobyl) and that abandoned town in California (forget the name) that you guys posted a few months ago come to mind. Thanks for sharing.

wow! thats amazing. i really need to save up some money and go travelling with my rig for a while. there are so many cool places that i would like to see.

Hear, hear...

Us BC guys should head south and pick up others along the way for a meet/overland journey. :wiggle: Then we could :beer: and have more great stories to tell!

Sorry, had cofee this morning... :blink::wacko:

That is incredible. I'm really fascinated with that kind of stuff. Pripyat (Chernobyl) and that abandoned town in California (forget the name) that you guys posted a few months ago come to mind. Thanks for sharing.

I hear ya, Chernobyl has always intrigued me. I try to watch all the documents on it I can. Just watched one on the Chernobyl wolves

Good article, I read that a few months ago.

Amazing what salt water can do in 25 years! That car probably had panels on it at one point...

That is exactly what I thought.

Check out the video of the chick on a motorcycle that rides through there (her dad is a scientist or something). She talks about riding in the center of the road as not to stir up dust and about standing in the middle of the street when it rains so no radioactive run off drips on you. IIRC part of the reactors roof colapsed recently, but they claim none of it was over the critical vault area. I understand that they are assembling a second containment roof there that they will slide over the existing structure, and then seal...

B

Check out the video of the chick on a motorcycle that rides through there (her dad is a scientist or something). She talks about riding in the center of the road as not to stir up dust and about standing in the middle of the street when it rains so no radioactive run off drips on you.

B

I'm WAY to lazy to keep searching for that. El' Linko please?

I find it strange that, for a town that has been under water for 25 years, the wood in the foreground of the first picture has not floated away.

Wood will sink if it's waterlogged enough. It was probably fixed down when the flood happened, and by the time whatever was holding it down rotted away, it was dense enough to stay sunk.

Apparently if you fly over Lake Roosevelt in Washington you can see the foundations from the town that used to be there, before the Grand Coulee Dam made a reservoir of it. They had a little more warning, though!