all 4 shocks need replacement

fearkobe

The links to a free FSM is pinned in the Garage section.

Shocks are pretty easy, basically 2 bolts each. The trickiest part is getting them lined up if they are gas filled (they will try to expand), but use of a jack or lever makes it achievable.

B

There are plenty of You Tube videos on changing shocks. While I didn't see any for a WD21 the process is pretty much the same for most shocks. Watch a couple and you will get the picture.

It is very simple in the rear, 2 bolts each. Fronts take a little muscle to compress the stem into the bracket but again only couple of bolts each. I just did all four corners with Gas A Just's 2 weeks ago and it took me about 2 hours including a tire rotation (figured that I might as well do it while i had the impact wrench set up) and clean up. Simple job with a huge payoff both in ride and safety.

Good luck!

A little tip on shock replacement. If they have the plastic cable keeping them compressed out of the box, don't cut it yet and bolt up the most difficult end. That's usually the top. After bolting one end, cut the plastic retainer and guide the other end as it extends.

• Like 1

There are plenty of You Tube videos on changing shocks. While I didn't see any for a WD21 the process is pretty much the same for most shocks. Watch a couple and you will get the picture.

It is very simple in the rear, 2 bolts each. Fronts take a little muscle to compress the stem into the bracket but again only couple of bolts each. I just did all four corners with Gas A Just's 2 weeks ago and it took me about 2 hours including a tire rotation (figured that I might as well do it while i had the impact wrench set up) and clean up. Simple job with a huge payoff both in ride and safety.

Good luck!

I'm a subscriber to a guy that works on WD21s, I watched him do a UCA job once, made it look really REALLY easy. Here's a link to his videos, I recommend subscribing or saving this guy as a fav because he has a lot of nissan WD21 vids:

• 2 weeks later...

ok so i got the front shocks done. couldnt do the rears cause it didnt come with the boots have to ask the ebay user whats up with that. 922835_4603884463866_42009647_n.jpg 531842_4603786221410_1107499150_n.jpg

Edited by fearkobe

The boots don't really matter as a lot of people leave them off anyway, reason being that they can actually trap dirt rather than keep it away. No issue if you want them there, but it's not really a show stopper...

I only watched part of that video and already found some misinformation, when he talks about the shock being no good if it doesn't expand on it's own. Not all shocks are gas filled and will do that.

The point I'm making is to be careful about just one source of information, sometimes you don't get the whole story. :shrug:

B