Tint color - Silver or Black?

crxfisher

What color should I tint my Pathy?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What color should I tint my Pathy?

• Black
    • Semi-metalic silver
    • Mirror
    • Other

It's a white 1997 Pathy with a bad tint job. It's currently got black 5% on all except for the front doors. The black looks good (other than the quality) but I also like the semi-metalic look. I'm a window tinter, so you would think that I could make up my own mind. And I can, but I just want to know what everybody else thinks. Thanks.

I had a previous post when I got my windows tinted with metallic/reflective, and dark behind the rears(to match the stock tint), you may want to check it out to view another option (though my pathy is black, you'll still get the idea). Here ya go: my windows ;)

On a white pathy, I would say black tint, but... :shrug:

Yeah man! Screw the tint! Don't even HAVE glass windows any more! Just replace em with carbon fiber panels and you therefore lose like 15+ pounds, and we all know that for each pound you lose, you gain a horsepower and a tenth of a second on your 1/4 mile!

Anyway. =) I reckon a good tint job would run you like $200 or so.

I charge $250 on most SUVs, but it depends on the condition. If the vehicle is new, and very clean, then I would possibly do it for $200. If all you want is to get the front doors done to match the rear, then you're looking at $60. Again, depending on condition. You can probably find some hacker to do it for $100 if you look for the cheapest job. But don't expect it to last or look good. :oops:

Man, you guys are harsh. I guess black is the way to go. I considered the silver stuff since it comes like that from the factory on some.

Big_Johnson- your tint looks good in the pics. I do like that color, and they matched it nicely.

Yeah, I did some looking around yesterday, and through Big_Johnson's site I found "xplorx4"s site. His is white with silver tint and it looks great: click here

Yeah the stock tint on SE's is a mirror like tint. Just like Big_J, I tinted my windows over the mirror tint and the result is identical to his. Very nice look. But I'm a fan of the semi metallic. :D

So i have the stock silver reflective tint on my Pathfinder SE, so if for example i put on a black tint would i retain my stock reflective tint or would it be covered up?

I think if anything, you'd retain the mirror finish and with a darker tint behind, it would actually make the mirror look more dramatic, more like a regular household mirror. That's kinda what I want to do on our other car. It has a charcoal leather and black interior, so I figure if I run a mild dark metallic tint it would appear as mirror-black outside. Many people forget to take into account their interior color when selecting tint. A black or very dark interior will make a dark window tint much more dramatic. I only had like 20% on my old Prelude, but with a black interior (white exterior) it was almost as black as the limo tint (something like 5%) on my Pathy with grey cloth.

So i have the stock silver reflective tint on my Pathfinder SE, so if for example i put on a black tint would i retain my stock reflective tint or would it be covered up?

Yes ross, when I tinted my windows, I put a 5% dark semi metallic tint on mine. It just added to the mirror effect. I like it because the stock tint was good only during the day when the sun was out but at night it was useless. I have a huge sound system so I don't want people to be able to look in. Now, if you stick your face right up to the rear windows you can't see a thing.

You can click on my link to see some examples.

That is exactly what I did for my rears (though only a 35% dark tint was added), and it still kept the original reflective look, just made it harder to see into the car. With the stock 20% reflective tint and the 35% dark tint combined, I have about a 7% tint on the rear windows. Dark enough to conceal most of the interior, but light enough to not cause issues with night driving ;)

• 3 weeks later...

My PF has stock black/smoke tint in the back. If you have mirror tint I would stay with mirror if you have black/smoke go with that. I got a price awhile back from this guy who does a very good job and he said if I got the 7 back windows done at 30% black (it would make it about 10% or 5% then), the front two at 20%, and my sunroof it would be about $235.00. I plan to do this summer because I can't stand another southern heat wave without tint. Just my 2 cents.

Just do whatever matches the factory tint best. I had my front windows and sunroof on my 01 tinted with a smoke 20% to match the factory tint in the back. It came out a pretty good match, might be just a tad darker than the factory tint. Cost me $80 and came with a lifetime warranty. I might go back and get a piece of 35% put over the back windows to darken it up just a bit more.

706347_8_full.jpg

• 4 years later...

I got really dark tint on all my windows except the rear,whick is kinda weird,its black around the edges but in the center its smoked...give my truck truck a really distinktive look and I like it...but what do I now...I drive a wd21

I got 20% charcoal tint on my Sentra. Matches the exterior way better than black (its kind of a grayish silverish color. i don't know, I have a color deficiency in my eyes). But 20% Charcoal with a silver on back would be bad ass on a white PF!

Black is the only way to fly. B)

I wonder when the "Rice Boy Crew" will come up with a carbon look tint film.

I'm sure they are working on it. :laugh:

Nearly five years later and still nothing... :shrug:

They probably caught on to how stupid that would be and kaiboshed the project. :lol:

reckon a good tint job would run you like $200 or so.

Yep, 2 bills seems to be the going rate for a proper tint job. That's what I paid for 20% all-around on my R50. :happy: