Biggest tire for bone stock 04 SE?

PrecisionX

This topic has been covered before but never to a simple extent, someone always trimmed this, rubbed that or had something to make these answers complicated. Heres the deal...

I have a BONE stock (wheels, suspension, everything) 04 SE and want to know what is the biggest tire size that I can run on stock everything? EX (265/65/16?, 31"x???) with no rubbing, no fabbing, no BS.

I might give it a 2in lift one day? I might do other stuff... will this tire size (whatever it is) look stupid with a 2 in lift?

Every time I search, even if someone has a big tire on stock suspension they have different wheels than me, or different something.

the biggest tire without doing anything is probably the one u have with stock wheels 245 75 16 will work but will rub a little i had the stock size on a 16x8 wheel and it even rubbed then. And i have 31x10.5r15 and they rub on everything had to take the mudflaps off but the still hit the bumper when turning so just saying dont except to run anything over the 29in tire u already have without a lil cutting or lift.

It also depends on your wheel dimensions such as width, offset and backspacing. Offset and backspacing being a big one, If you can find a set of wheels with a nice offset and the right lug pattern jump on it.

I know the topic has been relentlessly beaten to death, but the general concensus is that its worth it to get aftermarket wheels if you plan on continuing to mod your vehicle. If you've fallen in love with them, and can never see yourself getting rid of them EVER, then you will definitely need to get wheel spacers to move the wheel out and away from the strut.

Simplified version of what I just said: Stock wheels with stock tires = guaranteed ZERO rubbing or trimming required. If you want to go bigger, you're gonna have to make room.

if the have an older r50 than yes but not for an 2000 or newer for some reason some of the 96-99 seem to have left the factory with 31x10.5 15 which is what my 97 came with when i bought it but the same wheels and tires on my 01 swapping them over and sounded like i was pulling teeth outa my car if it had any.

• Like 2

265/70/16 = 30.6x10.4/16 you will hit the mudflaps for sure might get away with not triming on the front bumper

I used to run 265/70/16 BFG All Terrains on my 2000 when I had stock suspension... Minor rubbing full lock in reverse when new, after a few months, nothing! No trimming, still had the mudflaps.

Edited by erathge

I'd most likely be going with a general grabber or good year dura trac depending on funds at the time.

I have 265/70/15 (~29.6"x10.43") General Grabber AT2's, and they do rub at full lock. Although I don't know how relevant that is considering I have a '96.

I have 245/75r16 Toyo Open Country AT IIs on my factory 02 SE wheels, NO spacing. I initially had minor rubbing, and I mean extremely minor when at full lock. But it was an extremely easy fix, if you can handle cutting out a piece of paper, you can do it. I just pushed the stock fender well forward, screwed it in place with the factory screws, and cut at an angle a tiny piece of the plastic bumper. Easy as pie.

I have a pictures here: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/84010-2002-Pathfinder-(R50)-Build-Thread-by-Allof75/page5

Hope it helps!

• Like 1

This topic has been covered before but never to a simple extent, someone always trimmed this, rubbed that or had something to make these answers complicated. Heres the deal...

I have a BONE stock (wheels, suspension, everything) 04 SE and want to know what is the biggest tire size that I can run on stock everything? EX (265/65/16?, 31"x???) with no rubbing, no fabbing, no BS.

I might give it a 2in lift one day? I might do other stuff... will this tire size (whatever it is) look stupid with a 2 in lift?

Every time I search, even if someone has a big tire on stock suspension they have different wheels than me, or different something.

bigger question might be what is your back space on your wheels

245/70/17 = 30.5x9.6/17

255/70/16 = 30.1x10/16

and i think your talking about karmann and i think he is running 245 75 17 but trimmed and removed his mudflaps

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/34545-karmanns-02-r50/

Yes indeed! But I actually put the flaps on after those photos, because I was tired of all the fling, and still no rubbing!