Biggest tire for bone stock 04 SE?

PrecisionX

Just curious because I'm about to put 31's on my 96 SE, if I will need to use spacers. I have 2 that are 1/4 inch thick but I dont know if I'll catch enough thread on the lugs. I would think that the alloy wheels would be thicker than stock steel spare to begin with. Has anyone tried this? Also are there any wheels from other OEM brands that are light with less negative offset?

• 1 year later...

Hold on there Rebel, I'd agree with you that "most" 31's will clear on stock height.

But do mention, some run into strut clearance and need spacers or new wheels. Also from my experience with my duratrac's had some rubbing issues. I had to cut holes in the inner fenders, and they eventually ripped the front mud flaps off, so generally 31's fit, but there are a few tires that love to be a little annoying. lol

Just making sure the airways are clear on this beaten to death subject. :deadhorse:

-Kyle

Agreed. I'll clarify. On a non facelift Pathfinder. If you have the SE wheels and your springs aren't sagging horrendous. You can fit 31x10. The stock SE size is 265/70R15 which equal 30x10R15.

Sent from my Moto X

• Like 1

So if i understand correctly, I could put some 31x10.5 on my stock 96 without any issues?

I have 31 X10.5X15 on a '98. No problems at all. Stock height, stock rims.

Agreed. I'll clarify. On a non facelift Pathfinder. If you have the SE wheels and your springs aren't sagging horrendous. You can fit 31x10. The stock SE size is 265/70R15 which equal 30x10R15.

Sent from my Moto X

Just caught this. The SE and Chilcoot were 265, the LE and XE were 245.

• 3 months later...

I have a 2001 LE and just installed cooper adventurer 265/75/16. There is very little clearance at strut. Its not rubbing going forward but it rubs in reverse when hard cranking either way. Did I go to big? Its currently stock height with all new shocks struts control arms bushings etc. No slack everything is tight up front. My bearings do need to be replaced. They were quite before but after leaving tire shop they grumble unless its tires. Any insight on this?