knocking noise from driverside rear area?

AzZo

Best way to explain is this noise is new.It sounds like a knocking or clunking only when i go over bumps not on smooth pavement or road.I crawled underneath and everything is tight nothing is loose.It has new shocks the coilsprings look fine. The frames rusty could it be separating from body?I had plans to weld metal plates to rusted frame in spring did I wait to long? Any suggestions would be helpful.It runs fine doesnt act any differently just noisey.

Do you have a camcorder? Try mounting it under the truck somewhere, then drive over a bump and see if you can tell what's moving around. I'd bet on a bushing rather than the frame.

That said mine makes a crazy knocking/rattling noise when I go over bumps, and it's because my tire carrier bushings are shot. Slam your tire carrier shut (or have someone else do it while you're inside the truck) and see if it makes the same noise.

Let the person out of the trunk? Oh, wait, it's a Pathy... :lol:

How do the bushings look on the pan hard rod and the rear links? Hopefully its not the frame, that would be pretty bad... :blink:

B Thanks but no body in the back I will leave that to the amish mafia,HA,HA, Good advice B will check bushings they most likely need replacing.

I get something like that every now and then but only on more severe jolts, I have begun to assume its the torsion bar "slapping" against the under-carriage.

TO all I crawled underneath and took a serious look.And it's not the frame most likely culprit is bushings. Are they really hard to replace? Do they need to be pressed in.Note there is a foot of snow on ground out here so I will probly wait till spring and warmer weather.Thank you for the support.

I've got a set of the poly I can sell you if you'd like . I just pulled complete links from the junk yard. They don't take long, but the bolts are tight... You'll need a 1/2 ratchet and a 2 or 3 foot breaker bar. You can get them all Off which the truck sitting on its tires... Just work from underneath

Edited by Inyourface1650

I get something like that every now and then but only on more severe jolts, I have begun to assume its the torsion bar "slapping" against the under-carriage.

And what can be done to remedy this situation?What would cause the torsion bar to flex so much that it slaps the under body? Does it mean it's word out?

• 2 weeks later...