Intermittant Speedo Problem's

NedKelly

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My speedometer just stopped working one day, took it in and the guy checking it out said it was the cluster as well. Grabbed one at the local JY to swap it with it. Didnt make a difference. I think its probably the sensor, but havent checked it out yet.

I have like 6 damn clusters in my garage...let me tell you if you get one at the junk yard make sure it is the exact same. I pulled 3 off of 97 pathys and all of them were different and they all caused their separate issues. Also the gauges you get from the junk yard tend to have high mileage so make sure to get the odometer set to the right mileage

haha mine went back in time! used to have 178k... now its only at 49k! And since the speedo doesnt work, neither does the odometer... When I figure out what is really wrong I'm just going to use my old one. Anybody know much about changing the sensor?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I decided to finally take a look myself, and lone behold, the connection was broken off from my previous speed sensor! I replaced my transfer case a few months ago, the speed sensor was not working in that one, and lucky me... there was a new speed sensor in the one I got from the junkyard! So I wriggled out the old connection tonight, popped in the one to the new speed sensor, and voila! After 2 years of having no working speedometer, it works again! Kinda weird seeing motion on that side of the dash, haha.

Edited by Iceman2989