Secret Santa #4, 2012

Precise1

We missed last year due to everyone being busy and not remembering until too late, but this year we are back on track!

Hooray another year of Secret Santas!

So for those of you who haven't done this before here's how this works:

Post in here that you want to join up, then send me a PM with: your name (real name is preferred, only use an alias if it's absolutely necessary), your address, and your preference for whether you'd accept an international Santa-ee. The PM is the important part. If you don't PM me you don't get on the list, that simple.

Later after I have closed sign ups you will receive your Santa-ee from me! You then send a gift to that person, and wait patiently for your gift to arrive from your Santa. This is really quite fun, and brings the board together.

RULES

1. Sign ups will end November 22, 2012. Check your PMs on the 23rd when you are Black Fridaying to find out who you have drawn.

2. Plan to send your gift by December 7 please (earlier for international shipments), that way there shouldn't be any issue with shipping and it will arrive well before Christmas and look good under the tree. You MUST send your gift BEFORE Dec 24, 2012. This is where hardship cases can redeem themselves; better late than never, but I don't like dealing messages about why Member X hasn't received a gift and it's January 8th. If you sign up, please follow through. Life's short, so don't be a Dick.

nixon_finger.jpg

3. Get a delivery confirmation number and keep all receipts for your gift and shipping! Take pictures of you buying your gift and shipping it if you'd like, the more evidence you have the better. Seriously, it helps clear up issues and has been needed in the past.

3. HAVE FUN! Remember this is supposed to be a fun activity. If this doesn't sound like fun to you don't sign up.

4. There is no maximum amount you can spend on your Santa-ee. The minimum amount you should spend is $10, $20 is nice. Do unto others applies here. DON'T COMPLAIN IF YOU SENT SOMEBODY AN ARB BUMPER AND GOT A DVD. Times are tough, so if you can give do so! But don't be expecting a lavish gift in return.

5. Put some thought into what you send your Santa-ee. There will be a separate thread to post your wish list after all of the Santa-ee's have been sent out.

6. HAVE FUN! I thought it would be good to put this twice. :D

7. If you haven't been a member for at least three months and/or do not have recent forum activity you won't be allowed to participate. Sorry, but this is a precaution to prevent deadbeat Santas. (subject to interpretation. PM me)

I will put up a list here that will be updated daily of who has signed up. If you think your name should be on the list but it isn't assume you have messed up somewhere and send me another PM.

Definitions

Santa: He who sends the gift

Santa-ee: He who receives the gift

You will be somebody's Santa and somebody else's Santa-ee, got it? If not please ask somebody else to explain it to you. :D

Mostly plagerized from SC88Pathy. He did a hell of a job back then and I see no point in trying to recreate his intro. We have had fun and 100% follow through in all the previous years, so I'm sure it'll be the same this one.

Sorry for the long spiel but it saves on the questions. FYI, this isn't about religion it's a gift exchange, so whatever your belief is, no reason not to join on that account. ;)

B

People Participating:

Precise1

K9sar

SilverPath

Koveman

Pezzy

Kyle

MallCrawler99

GrimGreg

Edited by Precise1

• 3 weeks later...

I did! i swear! musta looked over the first one... -_- lol!

Im trying!!! I'm going down to the Temp agency in town tomorrow to see if they can get me something until i find something.

Ok, just an update, if your name isn't on the list at the bottom of the first post, you haven't PM'd me your address and preference yet.

Anyone else considering, just take the plunge. The more the merrrier!

B

• 3 weeks later...

Yet again, you didn't even make it through the 5th sentence. :rolleyes:

Post in here that you want to join up, then send me a PM with: your name (real name is preferred, only use an alias if it's absolutely necessary), your address, and your preference for whether you'd accept an international Santa-ee. The PM is the important part. If you don't PM me you don't get on the list, that simple.

B

Ok, sorry for the delay in the name drawings, but I've had a bit of family drama that distracted me. PM's have been sent informing everyone of their Santee so lets get started. Have fun!

B

• 3 weeks later...

My Santaee should get 3 packages, around the 14th-19th for the first 2, third is suposed to be late and arrive in January. :aok:

Funny thing, the "late" package was the first to ship, and still has a January delivery estimate.

Yeah, it doesn't always make sense. I just received 2 packages 2 days early, the reason being stated by UPS as "not turning them over to the post office, will try to deliver ourselves". Not sure how that works, but whatever.

Ok, my Santee's items just shipped today so I suspect that they should arrive sometime between Friday and Monday depending on solar flares.

B