Old car audio ads

ahardb0dy

What?? No love for the 8 track? :ohno01:

While I can't call myself an audiophile, I've always liked my music and good sound. That said, I don't think I've ever had more than 100-200 watts in a vehicle, especially a truck, suv or sportscar. Plenty loud!! All these fools that put 1000 watts into a vehicle either don't use it or will be 1/2 deaf by the time they are 30. :crazy:

My home stereo is only 400 watts (Teac receiver and Bose speakers, the back up is a Denon receiver with Celestion 11 speakers) and I can make my house sound like a night club and shake the houseplants off of the shelves.

That said, to each their own. Enjoy your hearing aid... ;)

B

• Like 1

Love these ads! so great.

I have a 450w 4-channel Rockford Fosgate Punch in my S12 powering the pioneer 4 ways, and a 300w 2 channel Pioneer powering the 12" sub. it definitely gets to ear bleed levels, but it's crystal clear throughout the volume range.

Love these ads! so great.

I have a 450w 4-channel Rockford Fosgate Punch in my S12 powering the pioneer 4 ways, and a 300w 2 channel Pioneer powering the 12" sub. it definitely gets to ear bleed levels, but it's crystal clear throughout the volume range.

That is the most important thing to me. I have friends who try to show off their car audio and if you turn it up pas 1/2 its all distorted.

I run my speakers just off the deck at the moment, because I don't want to clutter up the interior with amps.

All these fools that put 1000 watts into a vehicle either don't use it or will be 1/2 deaf by the time they are 30. :crazy:

True that. I did a lot of competitions (owned two Astro vans before the ripe age of 24!) and I certainly have hearing issues. I fully concur with this statement.

My home stereo is only 400 watts (Teac receiver and Bose speakers, the back up is a Denon receiver with Celestion 11 speakers) and I can make my house sound like a night club and shake the houseplants off of the shelves.

That said, to each their own. Enjoy your hearing aid... ;)

B

Yep. I have a small night club in our house consisting of two 12" subs and a bunch of speakers around the living room. My wife laughs/brags that she has to take stuff off of the walls in the other rooms due to my sound system. Even though we are in the country, I'm pretty sure that our neighbors hate us. :lol:

Nakamichi was the only foreign brand that was thought pretty highly of back in the day. Do you guys remember PPI, Orion, and Sound Stream?

I just recently "re-discovered" a Lanzar subwoofer in our closet that I bought for my (then g/f) wife back in the mid 90's. I'm sort of thinking of finding a box to put it in the back of my Pathy. I'm sure it will give me an instant headache and would quickly be removed. After all, things like the original Atari are not near as much fun as you remembered them.

What?? I can't hear anything !! LOL

Did someone say PPI??

My 90 sentra, 2200 on the left 200 x 2 Art series bought brand new in 1991 for about $600 running my 2 - 12" kicker comp subs, I converted the kicker brand full range box to a sealed box, this amp has only been repaired once and updated back when PPI was PPI:

5075DX on the right, 2 x 50 front, 2 x 75 rear, digital cross over controlled by a remote controller that connects using a fiber optic cable, pretty high tech for the early 90's, this amp was just repaired:

14t96s4.jpg

close ups, left:

nzm22o.jpg

close up, right:

fd90s8.jpg

RCM-1000 controller (sitting on my pride and joy boombox), took me almost a year to find this on e-bay matching white, had fiber optic cables made to fit it and made my own power harness using a plug for a strobe light from my work truck (same plug !!):

2hhn9za.jpg

the boombox:

Top of the line bought brand new Aiwa CS-880, digital tuning, passive radiator with original owners manual and registration card too!! :

6tmhlg.jpg

back to car audio:

I had 2 Nakamichi PA-300's way back in my Datsun 310GX with a MTX full range box, the one that had a tweeter and mid on each channel and shared a 10" woofer, running off a 2 knob type Alpine headunit

so 8 tracks you say?? here's is a few 1970 Radio Shack catalog:

ckhue.jpg

Kind of cool to see ads talking about the actual components inside, rather than the usual word-we-just-made-up-technology marketing blather.

Yeah, that's back when the general populace understood most of it. Now we just seem to want to hear buzz words, like... turbo! and ecoboost! and uh... hybrid!

This thing has not been hooked up since '99. I'm pretty sure that it still works. Thanks a lot ahardb0dy for sparking this idea in me. eyebrows.gif

404139835.jpg

404139834.jpg

Holy Magnet!! That thing probably draws meteors closer!!

Kind of cool to see ads talking about the actual components inside, rather than the usual word-we-just-made-up-technology marketing blather.

Very good point!

B