New grill guard

p51speed

ok I may need a bit of help . the grille gaurd the sold me is not the right year. I think its for a 95. because where it would attach to my frame , the guard is to small and the frame is to wide , is there any way of fixing this?

The frame is the same width on both trucks. you go the whole wrong guard it sounds like to me... i know i was told it mounts by where the town hooks are factory. in the loop hole things next to them...

Yes the front bumper brackets that the attachment points go to are different 1987-1993 and 94-95.

I know you can make a pre face lift fit a post, but not sure the other way around, having never done it. Looking at the design of the bumper brackets, it would require some engineering.....

Update>> it is the right grill guard I had to pull the bumper to attach it and I had to fabricate a steel plate but other than that its on and looks good I will follow up with pics tonight , thanks for everyones help

came out good! sorry didnt get pics to ya in time! just becarefull i hit a small rock going slow with mine on the front lower driver side and it bent super easy and twisted my bumper and everything i had to remove it and strighten it all out to fix it.

thanks for the heads up. I will make sure i try to watch out for that. I am mostly building this for cargo function as I like to go out backpacking so i wanted a grill guard that would look good but more importanly work lol, any way thanks guys I will be doing the safari rack once I get down to az if I can remember to I will to a tuturoial on it

• Like 1

I would have kept the grille guard I had on the hardbody, no idea what I did with it !! But I went to a Smittybilt ( back when they weren't a Jeep parts company !!), double tube bumper, which didn't last too long before it was replaced with a Pro-Zap winch bumper.