that is awesome! what drivetrain are you running to make the passenger drop diff work?

Lol, drivers side over here!

Have a look here... http://www.nissanpat...om-new-zealand/

and here http://www.offroadex...hp?f=18&t=27407

Nice work Pete!

Edited by andrewt6447

drive train is nissan safari/patrol, also has the pto on side of gearbox for winch. the gearbox is massive an is also found in smaller Nissan buss the smaller trucks so is a bit of a over kill in a wd21. over here we don't get any of those jeep diffs dyna 44 ?

Edited by passengerpete

i like that front bar!

that SAS sounds solidly built! D:

should serve well, i like it. :) *jealousy*

front bar is Nissan factory, they came out standard on em here. its only good for mounting lights as its very light, it being pulled off soon so winch can go on. cheers

What size tire are you going to run ? I like how the front is pushed forward a little Is that about 2" ? Keep us posted o your progress !!! :popcorn:

yep diff moved forward 3'' as for tyres im not sure will have a look around here and make my mind up later. some where around 33'' 35''

i have got same problem. There is no waggy axles in europe. but i have got vg30 engine! i dont know if i can use Patrol GR y60 2.8td or 4,2td gearbox? i think there can be a problem with different RPM of diesel vs. petrol? do you know? thx, Tom

i have got same problem. There is no waggy axles in europe. but i have got vg30 engine! i dont know if i can use Patrol GR y60 2.8td or 4,2td gearbox? i think there can be a problem with different RPM of diesel vs. petrol? do you know? thx, Tom

your y60 2.8td has same gear box insides as what you have already. they changed the transfer case left to right and a few things like that, what ever gear box you decide on wont matter if its diesel or petrol the rpm only matters in a auto trams then ya just change the shifting points, im running the bigger 4.2 gearbox in mine. the front diffs are the same in 2.8 or 4.2 they just changed gear ratios to compensate from 4.1 to 4.6 cheers.

your y60 2.8td has same gear box insides as what you have already. they changed the transfer case left to right and a few things like that, what ever gear box you decide on wont matter if its diesel or petrol the rpm only matters in a auto trams then ya just change the shifting points, im running the bigger 4.2 gearbox in mine. the front diffs are the same in 2.8 or 4.2 they just changed gear ratios to compensate from 4.1 to 4.6 cheers.

but, what is the best solution? change only transfer box or whole gearbox (including transfer box)? is something interchangeable or some kind of CNCmachined adapter is needed? thanks, Tom

• 1 month later...

i don't know the the best solution mate. they all involve skinned knuckles and swearing. i never tried putting a patrol transfer case on the back off the vg30 trans. all tho i can confirm that the automatic trans shear a common bolt patten at the bell housing end. so that might be your answer. so try putting a auto patrol trans in with ya vg30 bell housing and trans pump.

or try flipping ya stock one

Edited by passengerpete

• 6 months later...