feminin products in your toolbox...

unccpathfinder

So I just finished epoxying the garage and don't have kerosene or acetone here at the house so I grabbed some fingernail polish remover to clean up...between the long hours...beer and fumes this topic is the result...

Another one i use is Q-tips...if u get a metal shard in hire eye...fluff the tip of a Q-tip up and barely touch the metal with ure eye held open...works kinda like Velcro where the shard is rough and the cotton grabs it...

I knew a guy who kept unscented tampons in his box for nose bleeds and soaking up lots of blood if u cut/smashed or did something else to make u leak all over the place....hey that's what they were developed for right?

Curious if anyone else has other products that work in the garage and/or are kept in their tool box

I learned the q-tip thing from a guy that worked for Aero union...he was drilling upside down and it got between his glasses...he couldn't get it out so I had to use the q-tip while he held his eye open...it was crazy but we got it...I have used it one time since then

No feminine products here! It's much manlier to have the doctor grind metal parts out of your eye. I must be really manly (or stupid) because I've done that twice. Yes I had safety glasses on but when you are getting crazy with a grinder sometimes the shavings bounce around the glasses.

Seriously though I might have to try the q tip next time, but if I get a nose bleed there is no way I'm sticking a tampon in there!

James

Nope, no feminin products in my tool box (I don't count Q-tips as that), but I have several personal hygene items. Old tooth brushes, industrial Q-tips (long wooden handle), toilet paper and water soluable lube (great for stubborn radiator hoses).

As for the Q-tip eye shard tip, the first thing I recommend is to keep a small, clean, strong magnet in your tool bux. Any time you get something in your eye, use to magnet to attract it (away from center, of course) and most of the time it will take care of it if it is ferrous. There is also a small device kept in most industrial medical boxes that is a handle with a magnet on one end, and a mono filament loop on the other, the loop is for 'dragging' offending items out/away. Of course, there is no substitute for well fitting safety glasses and yes, I have gotten many things in my eyes while wearing safety glasses so always be prepared for extraction procedures!

B

Only thing I have in my toolbox that isn't really a tool, not feminn, would be tooth brushes, they have all kinds of uses, I usually use them after waxing (cars) to get the wax out of emblems and stuff.

i try to avoid objects in eyes by wearing safety glasses but q-tips work great in those sticky situations

It'll happen sooner or later. Sideshield /glass's /goggles be damed. But metal is better then Flux, that @!*% hurts and needs too be picked out with tweezers.

Q-tips are also nice for cleaning hard to reach places also that you cant normally wipe off with a rag.

And toothbrushs, there great for carb work, chainsaws, and as AHB said waxing along with countless other little things.

Magnets don't work for aluminum shavings...or stainless for that matter but yea the magnet this works good if its not stuck and just floating

I did say ferrous and if it is a 400 series stainless, mangets will work perfectly well. You must be thinking of 300 series stainless... ;)

A thing of neon orange fingernail polish, q-tips, a few throw away eyeliner brushes, and tweezers.

Good point, I was thinking of my garage tool box. At work, I have black nail polish, 6 sets of tweezers and toilet paper as well...

B

not specifically feminine things but Q-tips are a must, squirt bottle full of peroxide, masking tape is my bandage, tweezers, fingernail cutters, and pair of socks. I have used lipstick that was left in my truck as a 'wax pen' of sorts, but it was more of a lesson of 'don't clutter your crap in my clutter' and didn't work because it was one meant for the trash anyway...