What is the Safari Edition?

jwblue

Someone in another thread has a 1995 Pathfinder that was labeled "Safari Edition" on a sticker

on the vehicle.

What was the Safari Edition? He was Canadian, so I do not know if it was available in the United States.

US spec "Special Editions" got better than a sticker, they got a "plaque" !

108of300.jpg

:rofl:

I've got one of those! Number 76 of 300 :tongue:

There was also a Warren Miller edition. Came with ski racks and stuff.

Here's some photos of my "Safari Edition" I don't think in this case it's anything more than a couple decals. No plaques or anything. The safari edition sticker is missing on the rear drivers side as it was in an accident before I got it and the body shop never replaced it.

IMGP0100_1_7_1.jpg

IMGP0029.jpg

Oh yeah, It does make me feel special lol :wtf:

Edited by pathybuilder

Here's a newer special edition called the "Nissan Pathfinder Mammoth Sports Adventure Special Edition"

see link below:

http://www.nicarfinder.co.uk/news/1382

and another, "2011 Nissan Pathfinder Celebrates Milestone With Silver Edition"

http://www.autobytel.com/nissan/pathfinder/2011/car-buying-guides/2011-nissan-pathfinder-celebrates-milestone-with-silver-edition-107828/

Edited by ahardb0dy

Wrong. Mine was made in japan.

Weird... Someone posted before that they were among the first 300 to be built in TN. I guess not. So what made them special? The badge? :lol:

Looks good, but needs fender flares IMHO.

B

Flares look gay with small wheels on WD21s and even more gay on R50s. They should be good with the large tires but if you live somewhere with a lot of road salt, the flares will pick up the salt and trap it in the fenders. The result is rusted fenders. I liked the look of flares with 31s on legos but had to remove them because they started to corrode my fenders.

some places have laws about tires hanging past the fenders so I run them whether I like them or not :lol: (which I honestly don't mind them and pull them during thorough cleanings anyway), on a truck with 235s... yea, take em off

Here's some photos of my "Safari Edition" I don't think in this case it's anything more than a couple decals. No plaques or anything. The safari edition sticker is missing on the rear drivers side as it was in an accident before I got it and the body shop never replaced it.

IMGP0100_1_7_1.jpg

IMGP0029.jpg

That Rhino is awesome.

some places have laws about tires hanging past the fenders so I run them whether I like them or not :lol: (which I honestly don't mind them and pull them during thorough cleanings anyway), on a truck with 235s... yea, take em off

Not to change the topic but the tabs on my flares look like they are corroding away too. If I used wheels other than legos that have less back space I would look into aftermarket flares (because of tire laws) instead that just stick on. However factory is not a problem if you can still clean them or live in a less rusting part of the planet.

Edited by Tungsten

IMGP0100_1_7_1.jpg

IMGP0029.jpg

Thank you for those pictures.

Does anyone know if the "Safari Edition" was sold in America?

Sorry, I do not know, it is the first I have seen of that edition. :shrug:

I couldn't agree more, it wasn't bad with the 235/75 R15 tires on it, but the 31s stick out a bit. Flares will come with the build I'm taking on.

Try it with 8" rims and 4" backspacing. :aok:

Stomper1.jpg

B

Sorry, I do not know, it is the first I have seen of that edition. :shrug:

Try it with 8" rims and 4" backspacing. :aok:

Stomper1.jpg

B

That looks good, mine will look similar, not quite as clean, same colour, same bumper.

Already ordered 8" rims with 3.75" backspacing and 33" x 12.50" Mickey Thompson MTZ, just waiting for them to show up.

I have no idea if it was sold in the US. I've actually never seen another one in Canada either. I've seen some white ones with the pathfinder decals along the rocker panels, I think they are fairly common.

I have a '98 Chilkoot(Canadian). It is a 100th aniversery limited edition to celebrate the trail that led to the Klondike gold fields in 1889. It's a SE with special graffics, numbered plauge, alum. step rails, special floor mats, compass, carbon fiber dash and tow package. Unlike the SE it does not come with pansy leather heated power seats. It has 265/70/15's like the SE(XE and LE 245/70/15) and 8.3" ground clearance unlike the XE and LE with 7.5". XE base model then SE(sports edition), Chilkoot and Klondike, then LE (luxury edition). I've seen the Chilkoot in Sierra silver and dark green(not sure actual colour name). I've never heard of a Safari Edition though.