sound systems?

shotzie417

hey i was just wanderin if any one else hae a sound system and what are you running, stock, aftermarket, upgrade comp. any thing just curious, or even just plans or questions?

i have a pioneer headunit,2 pioneer 6.25" speakers in the front doors, pioneer 500watt rms amp, 1 kenwood 12", and 1 rockford fosgate12", and 2kicker 6x9's in the back, and a 1 farad capacitor. sounds really good inside but kinda rattles a lil outside lol

personally i care about clean sound rather than nut smashing bass

i am going with a component system and a 10 inch subwoofer in the back

possibly all the components will be from infinity (harman kardon)

• Like 1

Tungsten, I agree with you.

My sound system is pretty moderate but I think about half my speakers are broken.

I have some Kenwood headunit. It's pretty good. It has an AUX input, 3 banks of 6 presets for FM, a CD player of course, and some other settings I can't figure out how to use.

One of the previous owners put some silly little tweeters up on the dash at the bottom of the A-pillar. I can't even tell if they work properly and they aren't secured firmly anymore.

I have the two in the doors and the two behind the seats in the wall of the ext. cab. One of the rear speakers is from a Chysler apparently, and I think my pass. door speaker is stock because it looks like cardboard and has a pretty significant tear in the middle of it.

When spring gets started up and I get some money, I plan to do a complete stereo system overhaul. This is not even near the top of my list though.

Since the jump seats are a bit impractical anyway, I was thinking about buying or *trying* to make my own subwoofer box to accommodate the trans tunnel. I would put two *insert boss size speaker here* in the box and secure it somehow. I'm not extremely concerned about bass, but it does seem to help if it's not insanely high.

I would get some decent tweeters and whatever regular speakers are called. Not tweeters, not subs, just the ones you would put in your doors. The 4 speakers that would make up a 7 speaker set up.

I just have a simple setup also Kenwood stereo and speakers.

I can't stand having subs or loud bass since it just takes space that i use to carry spare parts when i go out on the trail or go camping with the family.

I can't stand muddy stereos with a bunch of booming bass but no clarity. Most obnoxious thing ever.

I have Alpine Type-Rs up front and Kenwood something-or-others in the back powered by an older Crutchfield (PPI) 4 channel amp. For bass there's two Rockford Fosgate 10" subs running 500RMS.

I'm using a Kenwood head unit on the stock speakers, but the suspension on the front speakers is gone, and someone already pulled the amps, so the tweeters in back don't work.

I plan to upgrade to a Pioneer HU, Pioneer 6" speakers up front, 6x9s in back, and add at least 1 10" slim-mount subwoofer somewhere. Maybe under the passenger seat. You know. For the ladies.

• Like 2

I've got an old school 60Wx4 Alpine tilt screen deck. 5x7 pioneer door speakers in front with the stock tweeters in the pillars, no rear speakers atm with the stock tweeters, two 12" JBL 1000W subs powered by a 1200W JBL Amplifier... i need to get some 6.5" round speakers for the front and put the 5x7's back in the top sound bar in back. sounds OK, but i need to have it tuned, i can never get it right.

I've got an old school 60Wx4 Alpine tilt screen deck. 5x7 pioneer door speakers in front with the stock tweeters in the pillars, no rear speakers atm with the stock tweeters, two 12" JBL 1000W subs powered by a 1200W JBL Amplifier... i need to get some 6.5" round speakers for the front and put the 5x7's back in the top sound bar in back. sounds OK, but i need to have it tuned, i can never get it right.

man your system sounds pritty sweet kinda simaler to mine.

In my 94 PF I have an old school (made in 94) Alpine CD player, ( I installed a new Alpine in a friends truck and he gave it to me) with an Alpine EQ going to a 4 channel Alpine amplifier I had laying around, front door speakers are 6.5" Alpine's and I have a 12" Pyle Pro sub in the back in a sealed box. My 90 Sentra has all the good stuff in it.

let me also add the following

if you are upgrading the power of your speakers then be sure to run new wiring as well

14 or lower awg wire is recommended for speakers putting out more than 30 watts

• Like 1

Sony Xplod, Boss Audio 6x9s in the doors (blew out the stock ones with the tape deck!), all the rest is stock. I plan to bypass the amps at some point, once I figure out how to do that without killing the factory tweeters. It actually sounds pretty nice, but the little beep sounds the xplod makes are deafening through the amps.

Sony Xplod, Boss Audio 6x9s in the doors (blew out the stock ones with the tape deck!), all the rest is stock. I plan to bypass the amps at some point, once I figure out how to do that without killing the factory tweeters. It actually sounds pretty nice, but the little beep sounds the xplod makes are deafening through the amps.

turn off the beep. ;) tis what i did with my xplod deck. :)

Heres mine nothing speical my red z has my good system in it. This was probably only 600 bucks.

And yes these are old pictures

img073.jpg

img066.jpg

img074.jpg

img067.jpg

img068.jpg

IMG_20111022_112732-1.jpg

yes i have clean the over spray off and put on ss security screws.

IMG_20111022_112659.jpg

as for speakers i have 2 kicker speakers up front and 2 pioneer speakers in the rear. It sounds like a pretty good system for how cheap it was. Also have the bass pretty much set to -10 all the time and its still loud enough to rattle the mirrors. Had to turn it down kept kept setting car alarms off.

as for speakers i have 2 kicker speakers up front and 2 pioneer speakers in the rear. It sounds like a pretty good system for how cheap it was. Also have the bass pretty much set to -10 all the time and its still loud enough to rattle the mirrors. Had to turn it down kept kept setting car alarms off.

Lol, car alarms. When I first got my Pathy, I was parked next to this Camry waiting for my grandma, and every time I tapped the throttle, the alarm would go off.

Lol, car alarms. When I first got my Pathy, I was parked next to this Camry waiting for my grandma, and every time I tapped the throttle, the alarm would go off.

ha nice your must have deep exhaust